Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

rica stage 2 10psi boost wtf

i fitted a ferrita dp and catback to my s60t5 then went to my nearest rica agent in preston A.D.S. he put the stage 1 rica on and it ran like **** then he rang rica they said with the dp and catback should be stage 2 so he puts it on goes for a drive comes back cars not boosting right says could be the tcv playing up or boost leak. by this time am abit pissed that i have just spent 450 quid for no more than 10 psi all the way home to wallasey.when i get home i put the ppc tool on and would not belive it not 1 fault code.any ideas plz.....

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    contact rica directly. they are very good with custermer service. if there is a fault with yr car then you cant blame rica. im running rica stg 2 on a 2005 s60 and i cant fault it

This user has no status

Thanks

sorted it

changed the vac pipes to silicone took off the intercooler pipework put new jubs on replaced the bcv ,gave the maf a good clean with brake cleaner then made sure all pipework was tight with socket 7mm not screwdriver. hit the motorway and bang 18 psi holds it nice pulls like a mother huge difference also its very smooth when not driving hard all in all rica stage 2 very nice am happy now.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    i found stg 2 to be smoother than std and stg 1. is yrs the 2.4 t5. i also get better mpg with stg 2

This user has no status

Thanks
    yes mines the 2.4 t5 loving this rica map few more things to sort out and am putting her on a dynapack to see where shes at with it being a geartronic think anymore power might be a problem for the box so am looking at geeting the brakes and suspension sorted out it never ends .

This user has no status

Thanks
    one thing i have found with this car is brakes and tyres dont last long.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    totally agree with tyres, cant comment on brakes yet. they were all replaced when i bought the car. what bhp you rekon youll get. has to be close to 340. turkish got 349 when his was stage 2.

This user has no status

Thanks
    until i get her on the dynapack i would be gessing as to the bhp but those figures seem to high you would need bigger injectors 19t turbo plus stage 3 remap. the car feels very fast way up from stock i would think mines at 300 maybe a bit more with the ferrita + catback i have fitted plus itg filter i have a geartronic and its got me thinking does the stage 2 remove the torqe limiter in 1st and second gear.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    the 2.4 t5 has a kkk turbo and standard inj are capable of 350 bhp. stg 1 is 300bhp and stage 2 was 349 when my motor belonged to turkish. that was befor the fmic was fitted. only difference with his spec to mine is he had a ferrita cat and exhaust wear as ive built my own and he ran green inj and im running std inj. rica say it makes no difference and dosnt affect power

This user has no status

Thanks
    stage 2 is 310 for are car from rica was talking to them on the phone i dont have a fmic so dont know how much you get from that but am only being honest i would like you to get 350 bhp but dont be upset when it comes back alot lower 300bhp with nice torqe is more than enough for front wheel drive but dyno will sort it out for ye fingers crossed mine is going on the dynapack this week am going to record it on the camera so will give you an idea as to what yours is going to have .

This user has no status

Thanks
    does your boost to 20psi then settle at 18psi

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    havnt got a boost gauge fitted to mine. its well known that the prevous owner of my car had it running at 349 bhp. but im not intrested in numbers, more intrested in how it drives. prevous owner hit 349 in mine befor the fmic was fitted. are you sure yours has the 2.4 engine fitted and not the lower spec 2.3

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    u could be right thats some nice power from the stage 2 think mine might be the 2.3 t5 but cant see that making that much difference how much are we talking maybe 10bhp with the 2.4 then you have the fmic fitted which has got to help.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    the 2.4 has differnet inj and a different turbo. thats about as much as i know. its one hell of a engine i do know that.

Thread Information