Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Auto gearbox oil change?

I have been told that i can change the gearbox oil in my t5 without concern?.But have been told to leave it alone also so what do you suggest? what oil do i put in if it is recomended? is it a big job to do?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Take a look at the colour of the fluid if it isn't pink then flush it. There is a good write up over on MVS (just google volvo 850 transmission flush) and it will come up.

I did mine a couple of months back and it took almost 15 litres on fluid before it turned pink again and my car only had 75,000 miles on it, glad i did though as the box runs so much smoother now!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Do it now while there is no problem. Leave it to develop a fault and you will wish you had changed it...

I've had mine done twice now since I've owned it and I am considering having it done again...

Oil recommendations are the tricky one. I think it should be Dextron III but nobody seems to know 100% as Volvo list it as a part number and not a spec.

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

Forced aspirations
    Thanks

Thread Information