Join Today
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    Niles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the Verge
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked 370 Times in 267 Posts

    Todays little jobs done.

    Today the postman eventually delivered some new bits so off I went to my workshop.
    3 hours of lazy tinkering later we had....
    New genuine Volvo front Pads to fit my 305's.
    New genuine Volvo rear Pads.
    New genuine Volvo sparking plugs.
    Cleaned the MAF.
    Fitted a brand new high pressure 255lph fuel pump.
    Cup of tea.
    Chatted to frobes.
    Fag.
    Topped up all the cars vital fluids.
    Sat in the sun for a few minutes to admire the sky.

    Went home.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks
    2,869
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Today the postman eventually delivered some new bits so off I went to my workshop.
    3 hours of lazy tinkering later we had....
    New genuine Volvo front Pads to fit my 305's.
    New genuine Volvo rear Pads.
    New genuine Volvo sparking plugs.
    Cleaned the MAF.
    Fitted a brand new high pressure 255lph fuel pump.
    Cup of tea.
    Chatted to frobes.
    Fag.
    Topped up all the cars vital fluids.
    Sat in the sun for a few minutes to admire the sky.

    Went home.

    Sounds like a nice little list well done to me,
    Didn't realise you could clean MAF's what did you use


    Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    Niles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the Verge
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked 370 Times in 267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Sounds like a nice little list well done to me,
    Didn't realise you could clean MAF's what did you use
    carb/injection component spray cleaner. just a good healthy squirt & leave the car to 'dry' for a bit. It'll still splutter a bit on start up. bit of brown/grey/dirty residue came off.
    my cars had a little flat spot at very low revs lately, felt like fuel problem. Hence the new bits. Drove home very nicely but didn't give it the beans as its got new pads and they're in the early hours of bedding in.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Niles For This Useful Post:

    AndysR (Saturday 30th July 2011)

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks
    2,869
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    carb/injection component spray cleaner. just a good healthy squirt & leave the car to 'dry' for a bit. It'll still splutter a bit on start up. bit of brown/grey/dirty residue came off.
    my cars had a little flat spot at very low revs lately, felt like fuel problem. Hence the new bits. Drove home very nicely but didn't give it the beans as its got new pads and they're in the early hours of bedding in.
    Ah I know the stuff...

    Didn't give it beans because you didn't come across any Boxsters you mean
    Be interesting to hear if it has cured your problem. I did read somewhere that maf sensors can be rejuvenated by freezing them, at least that's what I have read the VW boys do when they have one fail. Apparently they're as right as rain afterwards...


    Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    Niles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the Verge
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked 370 Times in 267 Posts
    Never heard of that little trick mate. Can't really see how/why that would work.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks
    2,869
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Never heard of that little trick mate. Can't really see how/why that would work.
    Me neither....


    Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    volvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 197 Times in 176 Posts
    sounds like a good days work to me....especially the tea part!

    Hope it does sort the problem out but boy does that thing fly!!!

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    Niles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the Verge
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked 370 Times in 267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    sounds like a good days work to me....especially the tea part!

    Hope it does sort the problem out but boy does that thing fly!!!
    lol Qadi, wait til Monday, plug your new ecu in and then get ready for smiles & miles of happy smiles. lol.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    volvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 197 Times in 176 Posts
    yeah but it was supposed to be here yesterday, and its still not here.....

    i really hope its here Monday...have some fun fun fun!

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    Niles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the Verge
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked 370 Times in 267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    yeah but it was supposed to be here yesterday, and its still not here.....

    i really hope its here Monday...have some fun fun fun!
    postman's letting me down too. 2 customers asking where their bits are, sent them 1st class on Wednesday & still not there. Postmen = #./;[;]'#,./.';#[
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ipv6 ready