Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post
    I had that problem with mine, I just needed to adjust the boost limit levels in the ecu as it was detecting too much boost and backing it off to be safe (no fuel cut or anything just lowering it). I'd be overtaking pulling 12psi then all of a sudden it would beack off to 6psi and left me stranded on the overtake

Are you running an MBC Liam?
    Sorry dude, just seen this.

Not running an mbc now, don't think its the ecu cutting the boost, because when i was running the mbc as well, the car was quicker lower down.

It still wasn't boosting very high 13psi(ish), with the mbc on. It feels like its got more now, higher up the revs, but has a lot less lower down and the boost doesn't feel stable.
    Its not jerky, but more like it hesitating.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Monday 1st August 2011)

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Sorry dude, just seen this.

Not running an mbc now, don't think its the ecu cutting the boost, because when i was running the mbc as well, the car was quicker lower down.

It still wasn't boosting very high 13psi(ish), with the mbc on. It feels like its got more now, higher up the revs, but has a lot less lower down and the boost doesn't feel stable.
    Its not jerky, but more like it hesitating.
    I took my mbc off and all the low end power went. Thats because the ecu maps are designed to have that effect (limit low end power, until someone remaps it to what they want). With an mbc on the boost comes in regardless of the situation (i.e low revs, low speed, etc, all the factors the ecu takes into account), thats why it feels so different.

Have you adjusted your wastegate? If you have then it might have had an effect on what the ecu sees. The ecu will control the wastegate, via the BCS, to a level set by the map. If all the sensors tell the ecu that the boost doesn't match the map (within set limits) it will back it off, even with a (good) remap these levels will be higher but still there. On my standard ecu they were set at about 9psi (from what I can remember) so once I hit that, everything went all calm and quiet
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Monday 1st August 2011)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    The actuator is is quite tight now.
    Gonna try and get hold of another actuator and bcs and see if there is any improvement.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Monday 1st August 2011)

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    The actuator is is quite tight now.
    Gonna try and get hold of another actuator and bcs and see if there is any improvement.
    Was it set up properly with a gauge?

Will have to have a meet sometime
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post
    Was it set up properly with a gauge?

Will have to have a meet sometime
    No, but it wasn't me that did it, it was an experienced person.

Yeah, will try and get something sorted soon, see if you can help iron out some of its little issues.

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    would of been interesting to see how they compared above 10mph lol
    Haha yeh - a bit fast for me at my age. LOL
    W:>)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to woz For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 3rd August 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I'm happy with my car... with no major plans for extra mods.

3" downpipe, FMIC, K&N, SS exhaust... the usual stuff.

Nice set of wheels, tints, lowered, Bilstein B8 dampers.

The best mods were the ones to the suspension and wheels, it drives awesomely around the corners as well as the straights.

Met my client on the M-way who has a Cayenne Diesel, up a slip road he was a speck in my rear view mirror, and when he came zooming past me up another slip road, I reeled him in effortlessly (all within the legal limit)

Although other cars are quicker on the 1/4, I maintain a sorted T5 is seriously quick in gear compared to most cars, if you can do 50-70 in 3rd in 3.0s ... what other car can make a monkey out of you this side of a Fezza or uber Evo.

14.77 @ 100mph on the 1/4 mile .... and if I take care of it... it'll last for many years. good enough for me.

As I've matured, I've realized handling is as important as POWER! As is maintaining your car impeccably so it feels tight and factory fresh, anything can go baggy if you don't look after it.

This is my Volvo. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Volvo is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Volvo is useless. Without my Volvo, I am useless. I must drive my Volvo true. I must steer straighter than inferior drivers, who are trying to kill me. I must pass the BMW before he passes me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my Volvo and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Wednesday 3rd August 2011 at 23:25.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

12. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

siamblue (Thursday 4th August 2011)

Thread Information