Join Today
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    280bhp with good midrange and response will be a fair bit quicker on the road then these Evo's etc... with the same but loads of lag and nothing below 4000rpm
    & with there higher transmission loses

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    & with there higher transmission loses
    yeah but they dont half go round corners quick,i was gonna get a scooby this year but ive heard horror stories about them so strayed away from then thinking that my t5 would be a good buy but its turning out to be a horror story in its own.........ggggrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by big shrek View Post
    yeah but they dont half go round corners quick,i was gonna get a scooby this year but ive heard horror stories about them so strayed away from then thinking that my t5 would be a good buy but its turning out to be a horror story in its own.........ggggrrrrrrrrrr
    my neighbour traded in his Scooby for a 911, within an hour they'd phoned him up saying the transfer box had scattered. We think someone on testdrive had tried a full throttle start (which i'd love to try on a strong enough car). My bro used to have a Legnum VR4 which i borrowed for a week, it did everything too well/easily & was just boring

This user has no status

Thanks
    my neighbour traded in his Scooby for a 911, within an hour they'd phoned him up saying the transfer box had scattered. We think someone on testdrive had tried a full throttle start (which i'd love to try on a strong enough car). My bro used to have a Legnum VR4 which i borrowed for a week, it did everything too well/easily & was just boring

full throttle starts and 4wd = wallet lightening experience

to be honest im loving the t5 mate its comfy which is hard for me to find in a car as im just over 6ft 8,i love the sound and power just wish it didnt have a leaky sunroof and gash whirring sound when revved

Thanks
    to be honest im loving the t5 mate its comfy which is hard for me to find in a car as im just over 6ft 8,i love the sound and power just wish it didnt have a leaky sunroof and gash whirring sound when revved
    totally agree, i only had the VR4 for a week but was still glad to give it back & get into the T-5. 4WD tames everything too much for me, shame because i always liked the look of Skylines lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    totally agree, i only had the VR4 for a week but was still glad to give it back & get into the T-5. 4WD tames everything too much for me, shame because i always liked the look of Skylines lol
    gts-t are rwd mate and very tuneable

Thanks
    gts-t are rwd mate and very tuneable
    yeh but i always go for the top model, always fancied a Supra or RX7 instead

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    and a poly engine top mount
    right then where do i get one of these from?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    right then where do i get one of these from?
    Partsfor volvos. Google it it'll come up. Excellent for most things and quick delivery.

I've got a dump valve, induction kit, powerflow cat back and mbc. Not bothering with a re-map cos the mbc does enough. Very very aggresive even turned down. I usually run mine about 9psi for day to day driving and only turn it up if I want some tyre shredding fun
    Loads of power, loads of noise!

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop
    = very fast and still turns corners

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mightywolf For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Thursday 14th July 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mightywolf View Post
    I've got a dump valve, induction kit, powerflow cat back and mbc. Not bothering with a re-map cos the mbc does enough. Very very aggresive even turned down. I usually run mine about 9psi for day to day driving and only turn it up if I want some tyre shredding fun
    Loads of power, loads of noise!
    ditch the cat

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ditch the cat
    i would but I'm too worried about it failing on the emissions!

Bailey dump valve + Boost gauge + Manual boost controller + K&N induction kit + Powerflow cat back exhaust + Strut Brace + Bilstein shock n sports springs with 40mm drop
    = very fast and still turns corners

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i had a longlife 3inch full stainless with a 100cell racecat, flew through mot, sounds the business , just need remap as im hitting boostcut and my gauge peaks at 18psi as it hits what feels like a brickwall still very quick

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    if you inform your insurer... am I right in saying your car is STILL not legal with a decat even if you pass the MOT ?

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    am I right in saying your car is STILL not legal with a decat even if you pass the MOT ?
    i think its a vehicle spec & construction issue (VOSA) problem instead of a MOT one

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi all

Great thread big shrek and v helpfull replys!! Just what i wanted to know really I have not long bought a Dark blue V70 R and i wana get it up nearer 300bhp not that its slow jus that crack pipe ya on about needs a toot from me :-)

i dont want it to loud or any dumpvalve noises but more power and slighty louder would be sweet, think i'l decat it, get a remap an mbc and gauge, poly bush and turn it up to 18 to 19 psi does that sound about right?? i'l get it rolling roaded before and after the work

Also there are £120 cips on ebay from germany whats the story with these are they a no go or what people???

Mucho appreciated

Johnny

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I'd stay away from any of the no name chips and maps that come up cheap on ebay.
    Stick with comapanies like rica, mte, hlm.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    cool will do!! im from nantwich cheshire which is the closest and better tuning company to go for and do i just ring them and ask for a re map ????

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny46 View Post
    Hi all

Great thread big shrek and v helpfull replys!! Just what i wanted to know really I have not long bought a Dark blue V70 R and i wana get it up nearer 300bhp not that its slow jus that crack pipe ya on about needs a toot from me :-)

i dont want it to loud or any dumpvalve noises but more power and slighty louder would be sweet, think i'l decat it, get a remap an mbc and gauge, poly bush and turn it up to 18 to 19 psi does that sound about right?? i'l get it rolling roaded before and after the work

Also there are £120 cips on ebay from germany whats the story with these are they a no go or what people???

Mucho appreciated

Johnny
    cheers mate but its all the other guys you need to thank.

as for 18-19psi from what ive gathered you will need a remap as the standard map wont go past 15 psi

im gonna turn mine up to 14 psi to see how i get on then consider a remap later this year

This user has no status

Thanks
    oh yeah as for ebay specials..........dont bother mate it could kill your engine

go to a reputable tuner

This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah i'l re map it and stay away from engine killers!!

cheers

Thread Information