Join Today
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post
    Thanks Andy, I really didnt think the brakes were that much bigger until side by side as whats 22mm? The picture where they overlap is one directly ontop of the centre of the other.

Hopefully I will have my finger out and have washed it by then! Volans a little tatty and need a refurb but thats low on the priorities at the moment.

Out of interest can you tell its been lowered? Its on the H&R 30mm drop springs from the 854 T5-R. The back sits perfectly as they are softer saloon springs but the front seems a little high to me.
    Yes it was the overlapping shot that I was really referring to..

Washed by then? I'll be lucky if i get mine fueled before Sunday at this rate, no need to make excuses about the condition of the wheels mines certainly no oil painting and is in need of work to the exterior to tidy...

If I'm honest I'd say the front looks a little high but it may settle slighty and level out over time once you driven it a little bit.

Nice shots, cars all looking well.

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

The Flying Moose (Thursday 30th June 2011)

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Got a few photo's today of the interior fitted and the Volans a little cleaner than they were, I intended on cleaning it again but ran out of daylight. She'll be getting a wash and polish before being released onto the road tomorrow. Whilst at with Niles and t5lover we also added a rubber guard around the BSR air filter, it looks better and im sure its better too at reducing the heat allowed to reach the filter.

Oh and a lurvely fully refurbished 19T

I also started to apply some Auto Glym bumper restoration treatment. Its going to take a bit of work but its already coming up better than before.

Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Saturday 2nd July 2011)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Looks good mate, but needs a rip kit, so does mine
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

The Flying Moose (Saturday 2nd July 2011)

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Looks good mate, but needs a rip kit, so does mine
    Im in the process of making some more. I have gone for the 2.5" pipework this time rather than 3". This is because no matter what size you use you will always need to reduce or expand joints. Im trying to make one single piece which will go accross the top of the engine so only silicone joints at each end.

I have a plan for making you one to fit now too. I just need to get some cash together then we should have no problems fitting you one, you'll just have to tell me which diameter pipe you want.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Im in the process of making some more. I have gone for the 2.5" pipework this time rather than 3". This is because no matter what size you use you will always need to reduce or expand joints. Im trying to make one single piece which will go accross the top of the engine so only silicone joints at each end.

I have a plan for making you one to fit now too. I just need to get some cash together then we should have no problems fitting you one, you'll just have to tell me which diameter pipe you want.
    It would be easiest for me if you tell me how much cash you need to make me one then i'll give you the cash for you get the stuff for me, as you know far more than me.
    Same goes with replacing my pipes and hoses with braided stuff, you tell me how much you need to get the stuff and i'll send it so you can buy it, as i'll probably get the wrong stuff.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    It would be easiest for me if you tell me how much cash you need to make me one then i'll give you the cash for you get the stuff for me, as you know far more than me.
    Same goes with replacing my pipes and hoses with braided stuff, you tell me how much you need to get the stuff and i'll send it so you can buy it, as i'll probably get the wrong stuff.
    No worries Liam, what sort of style do you want? Were you happy with the one we were trying to fit to your car? If so a 3" system like Duanes made with aluminium and blue silicone joints.

Basically what I need is whether you want 2.5 or 3 inch pipe, the colour of silicone and thats about it really. The VAC pipes are easy, ill buy a load of SAE braided fuel line... its only about a fiver for 2-3 meters so no worries on that front.

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Hi Moose, lokking good , but move the horn's, lose the phone holder and boot polish works wonders on the bumpers

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    No worries Liam, what sort of style do you want? Were you happy with the one we were trying to fit to your car? If so a 3" system like Duanes made with aluminium and blue silicone joints.

Basically what I need is whether you want 2.5 or 3 inch pipe, the colour of silicone and thats about it really. The VAC pipes are easy, ill buy a load of SAE braided fuel line... its only about a fiver for 2-3 meters so no worries on that front.
    The one we were fitting to my car was fine. If i knew which diameter was best i'd want that one! lol
    Blue is fine, not sure which diameter is best, so not really bothered, as both will be better than the current setup.

if a actually start modding the damn thing then more chance i have of keeping it.

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    Hi Moose, lokking good , but move the horn's, lose the phone holder and boot polish works wonders on the bumpers
    Them damn horns have been bugging me for ages just havnt ever remembered them when I have been working on the car. Phone holder is going I only needed it to hold the camera the other day trying to do a "film".

I have even heard peanut butter is the dogs ££££££££ for bumpers.

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    The one we were fitting to my car was fine. If i knew which diameter was best i'd want that one! lol
    Blue is fine, not sure which diameter is best, so not really bothered, as both will be better than the current setup.

if a actually start modding the damn thing then more chance i have of keeping it.
    No worries I send off a few emails and get some prices back to you by Monday night mate if that sounds ok, all thats left after that is getting over and fitting it all.

Im even thinking of maybe tying everything in one day and going from yours to sheffield to sort james and his turbo out.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Them damn horns have been bugging me for ages just havnt ever remembered them when I have been working on the car. Phone holder is going I only needed it to hold the camera the other day trying to do a "film".

Thats why i'm looking for a new grill, with the black mesh one (thats on now) from a distance it looks like theres no grill at all.
    Although they look good on the saffy ones, thay just don't suit the silver ones.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Looking good, interior looks well at home in there, not sure if I've mentioned this before but the colour is spot on

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Looking good, interior looks well at home in there, not sure if I've mentioned this before but the colour is spot on
    Cheers Andy,

It will be intersting to see your colour against mine as after meeting Niles with his 850R it would seem mine although a dark grey is a lighter shade of grey than his and Im sure yours probably is too. Either way grey is the way forward

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Saturday 2nd July 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers Andy,

It will be intersting to see your colour against mine as after meeting Niles with his 850R it would seem mine although a dark grey is a lighter shade of grey than his and Im sure yours probably is too. Either way grey is the way forward
    Well then you know what to do if you want to see the car alongside mine tomorrow...

I think I'm going to have to bring my camera along, I feel a few obligatory snaps coming along not to mention an update for the sig...

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Cheers Andy,

If you get a chance to have a go in, or see how quick andysr car is, let me know, as its an auto, so be good to hear about the possibilties.

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you get a chance to have a go in, or see how quick andysr car is, let me know, as its an auto, so be good to hear about the possibilties.
    Of course... with the spec list he is currently wielding I dare say it will be impressive. People always underestimate auto's I think. After having driven a standard Auto 850R and a Manual mapped 850 T5 the auto although it wasnt certainly felt quicker by the way the power was delivered.

This user has no status

Thanks

Come down and I'll take you for a spin in it...

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Surely thats an offer you cant refuse Liam!

If I were heading from North I would have spun by and picked you and pedro up mate, however unfortunately in this instance Im coming from "darn sarth".

25. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

LiamT4 (Sunday 3rd July 2011)

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts

Wink

looks nice that now mate.now get that peanut butter out and make it shiny

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

27. The Following User Says Thank You to WOODY T5 For This Useful Post:

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Surely thats an offer you cant refuse Liam!

If I were heading from North I would have spun by and picked you and pedro up mate, however unfortunately in this instance Im coming from "darn sarth".
    I ought to really, after all, if i'm prepared to pay 1000s on tuning the old girl then i shoild be prepared to pay £80 odd to travel a bit to try a good un.

One thing i would say to you emlyn, is that since i'v moved, although i have a drive, its on a an angle so that if you wanted to get under the car it would be tricky. (its not tarmac either, just stone)

Thread Information