Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Bosch green injectors (0280155968)

The Bosch 0280155968 also known more commonly in our circles as the green injectors found in the Volvo S60 and V70R 300 hp 2.5 20v. These injectors can supply 450cc’s/min @ 3 bar of fuel pressure meaning that the standard fuel pressure regulator can remain, quite pleased about that as it was virtually brand new Volvo item not a few months previous.
    [
    Hi Andy, nice write up - sounds like a goer.

Just for accuracy and because it is a common area of confusion due to Volvo running different fuel pressures on P1 and P2 vehicles: Volvo green injectors flow 405cc/min at 3.0 bar and 465cc at 3.8 bar fuel pressure.

Blues and whites are identical and flow 350cc/min at 3.0 bar and 395cc/min at 3.8 bar.
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jardon For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Monday 20th June 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jardon View Post
    Hi Andy, nice write up - sounds like a goer.

Just for accuracy and because it is a common area of confusion due to Volvo running different fuel pressures on P1 and P2 vehicles: Volvo green injectors flow 405cc/min at 3.0 bar and 465cc at 3.8 bar fuel pressure.

Blues and whites are identical and flow 350cc/min at 3.0 bar and 395cc/min at 3.8 bar.
    Bosch 968 greens flow 412cc@ 3 bar http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan M For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Monday 20th June 2011)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jardon View Post
    theirs got to be some difference between them, a company like Bosch don't make the same injector twice for the fun of it

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    Bosch 968 greens flow 412cc@ 3 bar http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm.
    Cheers Alan - I've come across 412cc too but Bosch tech support quoted it as 405cc. I called them to clarify capacities when I was running 470cc VXR injectors as I could never find any official data on those. ME7 fuel pressure is a joke so I'm a bit of a pessimist (realist?) with quoted flow rates. Don't make any assumptions with injector duty cycle based on quoted flow rates either e.g: 15% larger did not mean 15% less IDC in my application.

Low 400's at 3 bar for greens is perhaps the most representative advice.
    Last edited by jardon; Monday 20th June 2011 at 21:48. Reason: Being pedantic
    2005 (163) V70 D5 SE Premium Pack 130k. 10" sub/Fli amp with Grom audio kit. Shark stage 1 with EGR delete and 320mm discs. Enjoying the comfort and (relative) economy.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jardon For This Useful Post:

Alan M (Tuesday 21st June 2011),leet5r (Monday 20th June 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    theirs got to be some difference between them, a company like Bosch don't make the same injector twice for the fun of it
    Edited to add Alans advice from a 2009 T5D5 post - nice one.

Book Values from bosch as advertised by ASNU cleaning services.

0280 150 785 315cc/min @3bar 14.5ohm impedance are orange 850 T5
    0280 155 766 347cc/min @3bar 16ohm impedance are white 70 T5
    0280 155 830 347cc/min @3bar 12ohm impedance are blues 70/60 ME7 T5
    0280 155 968 412cc/min @3bar 12ohm impedance are greens V70r/S60r

There is a difference in impedance between white and blue injectors but this is irrelevant when considering peak flow. If you were to run Blues instead of Whites there would be a small drop in dead time due to the increased current - probably small enough to mean it's irrelevant. However, seeing as we're here - when we tuned my car and entered RC Engineerings quoted 650cc dead times it would not run smoothly and transition between load cells was "lumpy". Fine at WOT but not at part throttle. After some head scratching Marco tried 750cc injector dead times and all was well.

So, the ECU will care if dead times (which is influenced by impedance) are far enough from what it expects. But my guess (based on plenty of users successfully chopping and changing injectors) is that any Volvo ECU will drive any Volvo injector if mapped appropriately. Or, Blues and Whites should be interchangeable.
    Last edited by jardon; Monday 20th June 2011 at 21:47. Reason: Got there eventually

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jardon For This Useful Post:

Alan M (Tuesday 21st June 2011)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Hi Liam, no problem. For 1st and 2nd gears boost level is programmed to a similar level as a standard off the shelf map at around 1.2 bar. For 3rd and 4th gears when the revs exceed a certain level the boost increases to just over 1.4 bar but is decreased just before the point of gear change from 3rd to 4th to protect from overboost through boost spiking under full throttle conditions. That said even in the lower gears the car seems so much more lively than when it was Rica'd but then that could be down to a combination of all the mod's being done at once, I am sure the downpipe and sports cat have helped.

Mapping isn't as expensive as you probably would imagine, obviously it depends on where you go, I'd say no more than a couple of hundred and a full tank of fuel should see the car set up provided no problems occur.

Yes yes you keep pestering me with these 1/4 invitations I shall get along to one at some point. I am actually quite interested to see what it will achieve, although being auto again I will be hampered on pull away. Perhaps we shall have a little run against each other auto vs. auto
    It wouldn't be much of a race with mine! lol
    Ed managed a 14.5 (i think) and jamest5r mrs had managed a 14.6 (as he's always telling me when i don't get anywhere near that time! lol), so theres your targets.
    Shame your not coming to avon, should be some very nice cars and also smithys 136bhp 940
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Interesting reading on the injector values... it's strange that there are so many quoted figures for 1 injector! Just to throw another one in, Bosch test flow rates with N-Heptane which apparently is an industry acceptable fluid for flow testing. They also don't quote cc/min for flow as they work from mass/min. That means any cc/min have been calculated by someone other than Bosch. Also N-Heptane as a fluid is less dense than Petrol... .684 g/cc to 0.75 g/cc. I have no idea how this equates mathmatically but I did come across this conversion chart...

http://dtec.net.au/Tech%20Articles/I...0Converter.xls

and when you use Bosch's data as found below

http://apps.bosch.com.au/motorsport/...linjectors.pdf

It equates to 453.22 cc/min... Perhaps thats where the myth comes from?Again it could all be cods wallop... lol

In any case I stand corrected as the above information from Alan/Jardon seems most sound as far as I can see....

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    It wouldn't be much of a race with mine! lol
    Ed managed a 14.5 (i think) and jamest5r mrs had managed a 14.6 (as he's always telling me when i don't get anywhere near that time! lol), so theres your targets.
    Shame your not coming to avon, should be some very nice cars and also smithys 136bhp 940
    14.5 and indeed 14.6 just seem quite out of reach for mine, not that I've ever timed it mind. I always thought an improvement of 1 second over standard which is 16 something for an auto, making it 15 something, I would be happy with.. lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

leet5r (Monday 20th June 2011)

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    14.5 and indeed 14.6 just seem quite out of reach for mine, not that I've ever timed it mind. I always thought an improvement of 1 second over standard which is 16 something for an auto, making it 15 something, I would be happy with.. lol
    I reckon it would be quicker than that. Eds had a few things done, but jamest5r's misses was virtually standard (off the shelf map, etc).
    When i did my 15.1 last year (when the actuator wasn't shagged), it was a very hot day (v high 20's), so i reckon i could have got a 14.9 had it been a cool day.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    I reckon it would be quicker than that. Eds had a few things done, but jamest5r's misses was virtually standard (off the shelf map, etc).
    When i did my 15.1 last year (when the actuator wasn't shagged), it was a very hot day (v high 20's), so i reckon i could have got a 14.9 had it been a cool day.
    Perhaps, time will tell I guess

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Interesting reading on the injector values... it's strange that there are so many quoted figures for 1 injector! Just to throw another one in, Bosch test flow rates with N-Heptane which apparently is an industry acceptable fluid for flow testing. They also don't quote cc/min for flow as they work from mass/min. That means any cc/min have been calculated by someone other than Bosch. Also N-Heptane as a fluid is less dense than Petrol... .684 g/cc to 0.75 g/cc. I have no idea how this equates mathmatically but I did come across this conversion chart...

http://dtec.net.au/Tech%20Articles/I...0Converter.xls

and when you use Bosch's data as found below

http://apps.bosch.com.au/motorsport/...linjectors.pdf

It equates to 453.22 cc/min... Perhaps thats where the myth comes from?Again it could all be cods wallop... lol

In any case I stand corrected as the above information from Alan/Jardon seems most sound as far as I can see....
    From some of the information I have found N heptane is the control fluid Five O use to setup their milled and manufactured units. That may be why their flow data is different to others too.

Thread Information