Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Talking iMIV Ipod adaptor

Ordered one of these lunchtime, 8th June and its arrived today 10th June, from Calgary Canada. Thats some service!
    Gonna fit it tomorrow so will let you know how it goes...
    Since I had my 99' S80 T6 (CD RTi - reduced functionality), i always wanted one of these, i had an 850 T5 inbetween but now in an 05' S60 D5.

I hope this adaptor is everything I want (and have built it up) to be.

If anyone is intereseted I will post some pics and explain its functions (for those who aren't aware).

I am actually really looking forward to fitting it, I think i am a nerd, techno-geek or whatever label you care to put on me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheT6Kid For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Thursday 23rd June 2011)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Could you post a photo of the unit, let us know how much it cost you (delivered) and list its functions please?
    I am very interested in this unit as i want to use my iPhone in the car.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks

Arrow iMIV image and features.

This is the unit in situe in my S60.

Ok it does, Ipod/iPhone music in two modes basically:
    simple mode - select album or playlist from iPod / iPhone then control tracks from either Head Unit or steering wheel buttons

advanced mode allows you to select playlist from head unit / steering wheel buttons then same for tracks - Plus scrolls track info on head unit, song title / artist / playlist. All control is via headunit and steering wheel buttons.

For video you rotate 'source' knob on HU-850 and select the Television input, created by the iMIV device, On your Iphone you can then play your music videos, movies TV shows, photo slide show, youtube, stream TV etc onto your RTi screen, picture quality is excellent as is sound.

As a bonus the device also creates a reverse camera input that is automatically selected when reverse is engaged, camera is an option.

It also creates a second Television input for which you can use anything as a source so long as you can connect it to the three phono type connections, yellow for video, red and white for stereo audio - this could be a DVD player, freeview, front facing camera, rear seat baby camera etc etc.

It also charges, ipod / iphone and is now a genuine 'made for ipod' device with the proper apple video authentication chip in it.

I will post a couple of pics from my car when i dig out my camera ( i usually use my iphone for pics)

Pricing is £192 inc extremely quick international shipping, however UKBA (customs) got hold of mine and promptly sent me a bill for £41 for duty and VAT. making it £233, not sure how this compares with an integrated Volvo one, however i doubt the Volvo ipod kit has as much functionality.
    Hope this helps. I will post up a couple more pics in due course.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Some more pics

Iphone video - Eric Prydz for your viewing pleasure!

Simple mode - select Ipod on Head unit - automatically starts playing where you last left it - steering wheel buttons or head unit buttons for track control.

Advanced mode - Head unit to select playlist, head unit and steering wheels buttons for track selection, Song title / artist or play list title scrolls on head unit.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was going to order 1 from Holland but didnt bother, you have now convinced me to do so
    03' S60 R
    96' 850 T5 (gone but not forgotten)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spencem875 View Post
    I was going to order 1 from Holland but didnt bother, you have now convinced me to do so
    A few months in and I can confirm its been faultless.
    I'm very pleased with my purchase. The guys at Sensolutions where i ordered mine (Canada) were extremely helpful and aftersales service (I had a couple of questions) was again second to none. Next day for answers which considering the time difference was impressive. If you have RTi you get so many features over and above a standard ipod kit. Well worth the investment.
    Still to fit a reverse camera, not sure which to go for as I don't really want to spoil back end of car, seen some built into a number plate surround, which might be the way to go.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I dont have inbuilt sat nav, but mine is melbus prepped. Ill be ordering tomorrow
    03' S60 R

9. The Following User Says Thank You to spencem875 For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Friday 2nd September 2011)

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Question

Thanks for the photos. I have RTI and SAT NAV but no TV. Will my car be Melbus preped? Also, will i need to order the same kit as you did? Which model IMV did you get?

Cheers.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The way to check for melbus cable is too look in the boot, on my S60 it was on the left side behind a panel iirc.

I ordered this one:

http://www.imiv.ca/cms/products/prod...epped-package/

Its on its way fed ex say its in Memphis atm.
    03' S60 R

This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Thanks for the photos. I have RTI and SAT NAV but no TV. Will my car be Melbus preped? Also, will i need to order the same kit as you did? Which model IMV did you get?

Cheers.
    The TV is just an add on to the RTi unit. If you have RTi the MELBUS cable is definitely installed. (as the RTi uses it) if you go onto the website and use the configuration tool where you input car details, radio model etc it will tell you what is suitable.

I chose the IMIV Classic (MFi - is Made for IPod) this means it has been tested and endorsed by Apple as compatible.
    Sounds like you will need the IMIV Classic DVD RTi package.
    Everything you need comes in the box. One thing to note if you ever intend to fit a reverse camera (this is an option) buy the connector pack at same time, its a couple of quid, but postage is expensive so you might as well combine it. I bought the connector pack, not the camera, as you can chose a camera at a later date and there is lots of choice on fleabay etc. The connector is in the accessories section on the website. Only thing you need to be certain of is that your car is the DVD based RTi, not 100% but believe 2002/2003 was start of DVD system. I had an 1999 S80 which had a CD based RTi, this had a CD Changer in boot for map discs, DVD RTi systems are a single drive, like in my picture above. Hope this helps.
    They are a doodle to fit, I'd be more than willing to help any member out, either by phone or if your close enough, in person. Please don't hesitate to ask.
    I know I sound like I'm on commission (I'm not BTW) but every once in a while you come across a product that does everything you want it to and has been designed by an enthusiast. When it is supplied by the same company that actually wants to help you out and is proud of it's product it makes for a good experience.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheT6Kid For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Friday 2nd September 2011)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Cool! Thanks very much for your help. My car is infact classed as a 2004 car and is most definately DVD RTI. I will go on the website and order one inc the cable for the rear camera, which i am going to fit.
    I will keep you posted.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Ok. I just purchased the following:

-iMIV Classic - DVD RTI Package.
    -iMIV Classic MFi.
    -iMIV iPod Dock Cable - 350cm.
    -Media Cable - Melbus Second in Chain Cable.
    -VOLVO - RTI Power and Video Cable.
    -MDC-TV Firmware MFi.
    -Reversing Camera Connector, for iMIV Classic.

Total - $310. or £191 including delivery to UK.

All i gotta do is pay the import duty

....then i can purchase any PAL or NTSC reversing camera and plug straight in!
    This set up will allow me to watch video from iPhone 4 on SAT NAV screen, listen to all my music off my iPhone inc playlist and album list on HU and with the inclusion of a reversing camera.....do the obvious.

Bang Tidy!

This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Ok. I just purchased the following:

-iMIV Classic - DVD RTI Package.
    -iMIV Classic MFi.
    -iMIV iPod Dock Cable - 350cm.
    -Media Cable - Melbus Second in Chain Cable.
    -VOLVO - RTI Power and Video Cable.
    -MDC-TV Firmware MFi.
    -Reversing Camera Connector, for iMIV Classic.

Total - $310. or £191 including delivery to UK.

All i gotta do is pay the import duty

....then i can purchase any PAL or NTSC reversing camera and plug straight in!
    This set up will allow me to watch video from iPhone 4 on SAT NAV screen, listen to all my music off my iPhone inc playlist and album list on HU and with the inclusion of a reversing camera.....do the obvious.

Bang Tidy!
    That's right mate. One thing to note is the Reverse camera you select must be PAL not NTSC. I have been looking for a while for one which won't spoil the look of the back end of my car. Still undecided whether to fit a flush mounted one that you need to cut in, the best non damage option I have found is one that is incorporated into a number plate surround. I will PM you a link so you can have a look, I am still undecided, I have been reading up on the difference between CMOS and CCD types at the moment.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine is sitting in Fedex Aylesbury and will be delivered Monday. I dont think i have to pay import duty.
    03' S60 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sorry if this disappointing but mine got delivered without anyone demanding money then about 10 days later I got a bill in post from FedEx for the duty.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Don't bother!!! Cheaper from the states. (If Holland use Euros?? I think they use Kroner).

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Canada but yeh its cheaper. Installed it just now, waiting for iphone to backup and then off we go 4 a test
    03' S60 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    TheT6kid what holder/bracket have you got for the iphone/ipod?
    03' S60 R

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    UPS tried to deliver my iMIV adaptor on Thursday but i missed them. They are delivering again on Monday. Pissed off that i gotta pay £41.02 import tax. Trust HMRC to take the excitement out of it!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    TheT6kid what holder/bracket have you got for the iphone/ipod?
    It's a Brodit holder, comes in a few different options, mine has a 'pass through' dock connector meaning I connect my dock cable to the holder itself, then I just have to place phone in holder and it's all connected in.
    Used them for all my phone kit installs, they're very good.

Thread Information