Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for this info my iphone is actually jailbroke and using a app called tvout i can specify which apps have access to the tv out functionality so theoretically i should be able to do what i want just wanted to confirm that it is the tv out functionality it uses and not some other output format. Guess the only way to find out for sure is to order my self an imiv and give it a try if all else fails i can just get a iphone holder and use that for the sat nav and still benefit from all the other features of the imiv.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I get my IMIV delivered tomorrow so gonna fit that this weekend to replace the faulty sat nav dvd drive with the sat nav on my iphone on the rti screen instead.

As I said I jailbroke my iphone to install an app called display out from the cydia store to bypass apples selective display output settings which from everything ive read should do exactly what i want. If anyone one else is interested in this i'll keep you all posted and post a video of the final install once its up and running and let you know if it all works out.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Ok so IMIV kit roughly installed last night have to tidy the cable feed up but tested to see if the iphone sat nav works through the screen and I'd like to confirm that it does until the point at which you try and drive away then the saftey feature kicks in and switches the tv off, small annoyance but after looking on the IMIV site there is a firmware update that allows you to bypass this saftey feature so after flashing the IMIV device i now have a working sat nav running through my screen from my iphone and also have teh ability to play videos on the move for the passengers to watch.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Well done on getting that working, pics and or video would be good.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    they will follow soon will be providing a full write up which i'll do this weekend with suggested extra apps from cydia you can buy to improve the setup.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    Ok so IMIV kit roughly installed last night have to tidy the cable feed up but tested to see if the iphone sat nav works through the screen and I'd like to confirm that it does until the point at which you try and drive away then the saftey feature kicks in and switches the tv off, small annoyance but after looking on the IMIV site there is a firmware update that allows you to bypass this saftey feature so after flashing the IMIV device i now have a working sat nav running through my screen from my iphone and also have teh ability to play videos on the move for the passengers to watch.
    Thats nice to know that you got it to work.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Ok quick write up

Having Installed the IMIV by disconnecting the tv tuner and plugged the IMIV cables into the ports the tv tuner was plugged into on the volvo rti dvd drive in the boot.

Next if your volvo sat nav is broke and you get the disc read error message on your screen remove the disc from the dvd drive.
    If your volvo sat nav is working then just turn it off using the steering wheel controls.

next you need to flash the IMIV firmware with the VWIM firmware patch.

Download the firmware audio file from imiv.ca and put it on your iphone/ipod
    Next if you have a HU-803 turn the 1-20 / disc dial 10 clicks counter clockwise then press the >>| button. (other head units will need to see formware flashing for your headunit on imiv.ca)
    You should get a CD ERROR message display on the Head Unit
    play the firmware audio file this will unlock Video in motion.

In order to display the satnav and other apps on the rti screen jail brake your iphone using absinthe and pay for and install an app from the cydia store called DisplayOut

Then just plug your phone into the IMIV cable and turn the source to TV and channel 1.
    You should now have the ability to display the iphone sat nav or any other app while you drive.

another good thing to get from the cydia store is SbRotator 5 this allows you to lock the rotation of the screen on the iphone no matter its orientation.

The only downside I have found is if I want to display the iphone sat nav while driving i can not use the >>| and <<| to skip tracks as these change the TV channel instead but i can have music playing i just have to use the skip buttons on iphone to skip tracks.

If i don't have the video on the screen i can use the skip track buttons with the source selected as cd changer and this controls the iphones skip track features.

Not ideal but considering volvo quoted me £695 for a new dvd unit to fix my sat nav ive managed to fix it for a total of

£180.00 IMIV classic
    £ 1.25 DisplayOut app off Cydia store
    £ 1.25 SbRotator 5 app off Cydia store

I'll post some pics soon

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Just found iMIV will 90% work with the iPhone 5.

http://www.imiv.ca/cms/about-us/news...hone-5-update/

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Good. Better than not compatible!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    As my 2006 XC70 doesn't have the satnav or DVD player, just the built in phone, would this IMIV fit my car and is it just for iPhone/Pods?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tuting View Post
    As my 2006 XC70 doesn't have the satnav or DVD player, just the built in phone, would this IMIV fit my car and is it just for iPhone/Pods?
    You don't need the Sat nav/DVD player, it's just a more convenient way to fit the iMIV.
    You can use other phones but you'll need to check connectivity with VolvoTech.eu

You'll need to plug the iMIV into your cars diagnostics port under the drivers dash to connect to the car. Meaning, every time you need diagnostics carried out, the iMIV will need to be unplugged.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information