Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Great advise guys! Thank you so much for your tine and patients! I have got smoke coming from the dipstick, will I was there I pulled the plugs back out and after a week they are completely black! Pressure tested the engine and all cylinders are good :-) need this sorted now as my running costs are ridiculous as well as fixing it. Now to get this pcv set :-)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Also, I'm using the car over the bank holiday so won't be able to get the parts most probably, us there a way of by passing this filter to work?

This user has no status

Thanks
    And also how much am I looking at for this system? :-)

This user has no status

Thanks
    DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON CHANGING YOUR PCV SYSTEM AT THE MOMENT. THAT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

Regards,
    Hamish.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Fault code 232 is a long term fuel trim.
    YOU HAVE A MASSIVE AIR LEAK ON THE INTAKE SYSTEM.
    Check all the intake pipes, then the vac lines, and if that car still has it's stupid dump valve blank it off with a bit of broom handle. If that doesn't work check again for air leaks on the intake system because that's all that's wrong.

Regards,
    Hamish.

P.S. If it's anything else I'll buy the beers if I'm right you buy the beers !!....Cheers!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I keep checking the air pipes and I can't find anything???? All clips are tight and can't see no splits in the pipes? It's still having random misfire sessions, runs fine then might smoke and misfire for a few minutes then settles again??? This car really is doing my head in! Hamish I wish I lived near you! :-(

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Might be worth the tank of petrol to see him or "break down" a couple of miles from your house and get recovered to Hamish, if he's wrong at least you get free beer

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hamish is correct 232 fault code is long term fuel trim, caused by an air leak somewhere. The elbow on the left hand side of the inlet manifold is a common weak spot (part of the pcv system) the last three of my 850's had this fault at one time or another. Check and see if yours is intact if not Volvo do a repair elbow for a few quid. Have a look at this link as it shows where it is located. http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...=27706&start=0
    855 T5 Cd, Grey,polybush mbc valve. Loads of miles loads of dash warning lights on!!

855 R Manual In Grey, polybush, strut brace and hideous colour wheels!!!

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Yup all true. I got one too. No point in changing parts willy nilly until you have checked the basics - and work from the code thats what they are for - to save you time and money ( or rather to save your volvo dealer time and money so thay can make more profit from you)

Woz.
    p.s. whats a nilly anyway?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Get over to me tomorrow and i will have a look at it for you, I am in Ilford IG1 1RG

Gary
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status

Thanks
    After clearing the codes a few days ago, I haven't got any codes coming up anymore? Will give you a call in abit as it's a bit early still lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Problem sorted guys! With the help of siamblue my car is perfect once again! Turned out to be lambda sensor! Bloody thing! Very very much appreciated! Will defo see you again soon!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 37831999 View Post
    Problem sorted guys! With the help of siamblue my car is perfect once again! Turned out to be lambda sensor! Bloody thing! Very very much appreciated! Will defo see you again soon!
    Glad we found the problem and i had the spares to sort it out, you do have a very nice car there, but the ****** that sold it to you should be held too account,
    I have never seen a 02 sensor rattling about inside like yours was, also to other members here, the LSH 25 V70 T5 4pin lambda will work on the 850 and the 70 series, you just have to trim the edge of the connector then it will slide into the 850 retainer,

Will be great to meet up again sometime then you can go out in my R, it is so much faster now i have changed the tyres and it still doesn't spin up,

see you soon mate and have a good weekend in Pompey

Gary
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

14. The Following User Says Thank You to siamblue For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Friday 29th April 2011)

Thread Information