Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Just in case you thought I was criticising the Mod. I wasn't.... if you like the look then DO IT....and do not let anyone sway you.
    I'm one of the rebelious lot on here who actually like the modified scene (yep there are some of us...)...
    There ain't many well modified vehicles I don't like, as long as it's done with professional finished look. I apreciate the time and effort someone has gone to, to individualise their car to make it stand out from the rest.....

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JUDGENINJA
    There ain't many well modified vehicles I don't like, as long as it's done with professional finished look. I apreciate the time and effort someone has gone to, to individualise their car to make it stand out from the rest.....
    <--- You said what I am thinking perfectly

I really think that the CF 855 spoiler would look great if mounted properly, which I would do
    | Carson | 2004 S60R | Stock (for now) |

This user has no status
    Thanks
    if u do it - put the 850r spoiler on the back painted with the black lip remaining - as i said before if u could carbon this it would be class! even in standard black would give a nice distribution of dark bits.
    found a carbon composites website the other dqy some cool goodies.
    http://www.geminicomposites.com/
    do what makes u happy carson
    would love to see the preview photos tho!
    cheers mate.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I actually like the roof spoiler in the pictures but think it would look better with the boot spoiler removed.

It looks like the 855 spoiler has been modified as the wrap around corners have been removed, if the finish can be retained it should look good.

As to fixing it I wouldn't like to drive a car with bits stuck on by double sided tape! I have never believed the manufacturers claims for these products.

Is there sufficient room with the headlining removed to get screws into the spoiler? Never owned or worked on a saloon, (been thrown out of a few though ) Could the corners of the spoiler be extended on the sides a little so it could attach to the C post?

Anyway, if you like it go for it. Would like to see the pics as well.
    Martin

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"

280 RICA
    ITG Panel filter
    Volvo strut brace

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Some interesting points of view on this one,

95R, personally i think the double spoiler looks great. I dont think it would look good on not so well finished car, however as Judge says its down to taste and more importantly the finish.

Id say also to leave the lip on the 850R spoiler black. (I did on mine)

As for fitting, id ask a good bodyshop how they would do it. Drilling the roof seems severe but may be the only way, double sided tape wont work !

Perhaps fibreglass to get a nice smooth finish, but ask a bodyshop.

Good luck in your mods

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I use polyurethane adhesive every day to stick windscreens into all cars including volvo's, and body shops regularly ask us to bond things like spoilers and trim on using this stuff. It really does work. VW golfs of a certain age have the rear window spoiler bonded to the glass from the factory! When we replace that peice of glass its our job to also re-bond the spoiler on again. I've used it to attach front and rear skirts and a rear window spoiler to the mrs clio with no probs at all. We use a cleaner, then a primer then the adhesive itself. After about 12 hours its un-moveable. When you appreciate it is designed to withstand the force of an airbag deploying against the glass while still holding it in place you can see how it works. In fact the windscreen is now a STRUCTURAL part of most cars, hence the reason for bonding and not stringing-in screens like before.
    Anorak rant over!

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-J-T5
    I use polyurethane adhesive every day to stick windscreens into all cars including volvo's, and body shops regularly ask us to bond things like spoilers and trim on using this stuff. It really does work. VW golfs of a certain age have the rear window spoiler bonded to the glass from the factory! When we replace that peice of glass its our job to also re-bond the spoiler on again. I've used it to attach front and rear skirts and a rear window spoiler to the mrs clio with no probs at all. We use a cleaner, then a primer then the adhesive itself. After about 12 hours its un-moveable. When you appreciate it is designed to withstand the force of an airbag deploying against the glass while still holding it in place you can see how it works. In fact the windscreen is now a STRUCTURAL part of most cars, hence the reason for bonding and not stringing-in screens like before.
    Anorak rant over!
    What do they call it, i need some strong stuff as 1 of the arches is coming loose on my Cozzy, i think Sikaflex has been recomended before.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    TDS...in the past i have used an adhesive called Tiger Seal..get it from Partco or the likes...its black and is very very strong....comes in a mastic tube cylinder for a mastic gun.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    They glue the wings on most passenger planes thesedays so I reckon a spoiler should be alright! The glue actually cures harder (and tougher) than the surrounding material.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What do they call it, i need some strong stuff as 1 of the arches is coming loose on my Cozzy, i think Sikaflex has been recomended before.
    We use 'Sikaflex quick cure windscreen adhesive', seems to be much the same stuff as tiger seal and the like. All these adhesives are derived from polyurethane. I have used tiger seal with good results in the past, but never need it now as I have a plentiful supply of windscreen bond. It does wheelarch trims a treat but u need to be sure they are on for good as they dont like coming off again! spolers and stuff arent such a problem as you can get access to the bond to cut it off etc but if its under a wheelarch it can be very difficult to remove without damaging parts.

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-J-T5
    We use 'Sikaflex quick cure windscreen adhesive', seems to be much the same stuff as tiger seal and the like. All these adhesives are derived from polyurethane. I have used tiger seal with good results in the past, but never need it now as I have a plentiful supply of windscreen bond. It does wheelarch trims a treat but u need to be sure they are on for good as they dont like coming off again! spolers and stuff arent such a problem as you can get access to the bond to cut it off etc but if its under a wheelarch it can be very difficult to remove without damaging parts.
    Well it's supposed to have been done 4yrs ago with Sikaflex but 1 arch is coming away a bit from the wing, enought to allow water to run behind it.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Mark
    Minimalist is the way forward as you say, and yes you're right, the Swedes do strange things, like this....

that is mad!

Oh and '95R, as many people have said, leave the car as close to stock as possible, it looks clean cut that way.
    Is this a proper 2dr S70 or just a one off??

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's probably an 850, and the two-door / S70 front seem a popular mod over the water. I do actually think that motor looks nice though.

Thread Information