Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    the bearings on the props are known to fail often, take it off mate most people do

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post

I would have thought if the centre bearing had gone then the vibration would happen all the time, or at least all the time over 20mph.

It all seems a bit fishy to me
    Have to admit these last 2 things you mention have been constantly bubbling in my mind throughout. Hence I think I need to have it back from these people, have it looked at by someone who knows this particular model and can then give a knowledgable opinion about a) what the problem actually is and b) liklihood of it being caused by the actions or bad workmanship of the garage who have had it nearly 4 months...

I have no quarms about getting it fixed and then small claims court to get it back IF it looks beyond reasnable doubt that the issue arose from their actions.

Anyone on list in Yorkshire or surrounding counties have a good knowledge of the P2 V70-R AWD and it's particular foibles who fancies having a look?

I'm wanting to step up resolution on this because a) it's gone on far too long now and b) my only 4 wheels available to me at the moment looks like it might die pretty soon and I cannot afford to be without any form of car for obvious reasons (particularly as I'm in the middle of buying a new house right now)
    Cheers!

Gaz Wilson

2003 V70R AWD, Minty Green, 330BHP
    1997 V70R AWD, Saffron, RICA 580
    1999 Honda CBR1100 XX Super Blackbird
    1995 P38 Range Rover (LPG) with 1997 lamp upgrade - FOR SALE

http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/thehorsedentist

Thread Information