Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Have to agree with the other comments, the stance is now perfect as is the colour.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Tuesday 12th April 2011)

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Thanks for the kind comments Emlyn
    cos he hasnt seen mine, jokes , nobody likes green

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leet5r For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Tuesday 12th April 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Well it sounds like, mechanically, its a good un.

At the last run i was only getting 93mph in 15.3secs.
    Sub 15s with a 100mph terminal is my target.

Ed was getting 14.5@102mph in his 855T5 (with a 16t, whites, mte map@1.2 bar, exhaust), which is good for an auto, the terminal speed is very good.
    His 0-100mph time would be about 14.3(ish) which is excellent for an auto.
    Going on my times, i think mine would probably do it in about 17secs
    14.5 seconds does sound an exceptional time for an auto, I doubt I'd get that in mine, probably nearer 15 IMHO. When you launch yours do you load the box by reving the engine in drive and pressing the brake to get a good launch as I've seen this done a few times on various 1/4 and 0-60 style videos. IMO personally it would probably help times and acceleration off the mark but I value my transmission too much to do it.

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_850t5 View Post
    bmw going well mate, will have to meet up one RAINY day lol
    A rainy day?!? The car rarely comes out in the rain.. Lol especially when there are nutters drifting.... lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leet5r View Post
    cos he hasnt seen mine, jokes , nobody likes green
    Yours is the green saloon with the R boot spoiler right? I actually really like the look of your car tbh

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    14.5 seconds does sound an exceptional time for an auto, I doubt I'd get that in mine, probably nearer 15 IMHO. When you launch yours do you load the box by reving the engine in drive and pressing the brake to get a good launch as I've seen this done a few times on various 1/4 and 0-60 style videos. IMO personally it would probably help times and acceleration off the mark but I value my transmission too much to do it.
    At the last meet i did do it once, because i was annoyed with it being so slow, but it only took a 0.1 off. Think i'v only done it 2 or 3 times (at around 1500rpm).
    My best time last year was from a normal start.
    Normally its just left foot on the brake to hold it and right foot just resting on the accelerator.
    For an auto, the terminal speed is a good clue as to its power.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Wednesday 13th April 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Your car sits really well with your suspension upgrades. I run the same koni yellows as you do and i have found that i'm happiest with the dampers set in the middle. I find the ride fairly hard and potholes are avoided at all costs, but the benefits are i can actually go round corners at speed now and not worry about the car falling over.

Liam is being generous with his comments about my figures. I actually terminal slightly slower at 101mph, but i'm still happy with that. I don't "power start" on the dragstrip, i like having a transmission that works too

With the list of mods on your car, i would probably say yours should be quicker than mine down the 1/4 mile, so long as your map is good. One thing i would say if you are running an auto though is to get an aux oil cooler. This will help prolong the life of your box if you intend on doing trackdays, 1/4 miles, etc.

Ed

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ed. For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Saturday 23rd April 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    hi mate nice looking car, shame its not for sale lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rappid For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Saturday 23rd April 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Your car sits really well with your suspension upgrades. I run the same koni yellows as you do and i have found that i'm happiest with the dampers set in the middle. I find the ride fairly hard and potholes are avoided at all costs, but the benefits are i can actually go round corners at speed now and not worry about the car falling over.

Liam is being generous with his comments about my figures. I actually terminal slightly slower at 101mph, but i'm still happy with that. I don't "power start" on the dragstrip, i like having a transmission that works too

With the list of mods on your car, i would probably say yours should be quicker than mine down the 1/4 mile, so long as your map is good. One thing i would say if you are running an auto though is to get an aux oil cooler. This will help prolong the life of your box if you intend on doing trackdays, 1/4 miles, etc.

Ed
    Thanks Ed, yeah after the driving I have been doing so far I am actually quite happy with how the suspension is currently set. I may try it slightly softer on the front but tbh I probably won't end up messing with it now. What sort of transmission cooler are you running is it the accessory Volvo unit and if so is it easy to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by rappid View Post
    hi mate nice looking car, shame its not for sale lol
    Thanks for you comments. Yes I am afriad the car isn't currently for sale.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks Ed, yeah after the driving I have been doing so far I am actually quite happy with how the suspension is currently set. I may try it slightly softer on the front but tbh I probably won't end up messing with it now. What sort of transmission cooler are you running is it the accessory Volvo unit and if so is it easy to fit?
    Yes it is a volvo aux cooler, i think it was designed to fit s/v70 cars. It basically bolts onto the lower front of the intercooler so it is at the very front of the pack. Its visible in the bumper slot below the front reg plate. I think they were designed to connected up in series with the original oil cooler, however mine bypasses this and runs straight to the box.

I didn't fit it myself, but it did watch it being installed and i would say it wouldn't be too difficult a job for someone competant.

Ed

Thread Information