Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Code for existing HU 803

H all.

You may or may not have read my threads about changing my head unit. I visited our local Volvo dealer today to try and get the code for the existing HU 803 (in case I have any problems with the new unit and need to re-fit the old one) and they said I needed to remove the head unit and give them the number from the unit. Catch 22. Firstly, I don't know how to remove it myself and secondly, as soon as this is done I will need the code to re-activate it.

I read a thread on here suggesting Rufe might be able to help? I can provide original registation and VIN number if this helps and would happily pay any required fee.

If anyone is able to help please let me know. Local dealer was not exactly helpful!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    as long as its the original unit they'll be able to get the code from the reg, i've done it a few times on different cars. They normally like to see the V5 when you go & ask, it just sounds like your stealer doesn't know how to work the system

give Rufe a ring

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks. Tried to pm Rufe but full. Anyone know how else to contact? I took my documents in to the dealer but they just weren't interested. Mind you, same dealer told me I needed a new starter motor on my last V70 when it had been replaced two weeks earlier. I suspect they may not be too interested in people with older cars.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    the number i've got for him is 01792790066

Thread Information