Join Today
    This user has no status
    Evesham, Worcestershire - nowhere near Birmingham......
    Thanks

Doube DIN pioneer DVD?

Looking at either the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT (bluetooth built-in) [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00381GK9S/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=AQNBXL7I4O4V9[/ame]

or the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD (without bluetooth) http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...vd_p-25969.htm

2 questions.......are they much the same except I get the bluetooth module thrown in on the 3200 and it's £45 less, and will it plug straight into my amp? i.e. what connectors are on the Volvo 850R 1996 amp? I expect it's a volvo special, but idk ....... ?
    Last edited by Giles; Wednesday 16th March 2011 at 21:58.
    855R manual, turquoise

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Get the 4200 as it has a bigger screen. I had the previous model in my old c70. 7" compared to 5.8" may not sound a lot but when watching a film it makes all the difference.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

Giles (Wednesday 16th March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Get the 4200 as it has a bigger screen. I had the previous model in my old c70. 7" compared to 5.8" may not sound a lot but when watching a film it makes all the difference.
    but if i add BT to it, that's another £300 !!!! I know what you're saying and obviously the 4200 is better, but for £340 for the 3200 WITH bluetooth .....
    855R manual, turquoise

230K, aiming for 300k!

Thanks
    Fitted a 3200-BT to my P2 V70 with the premium amplifier. Not sure about the older car's amp connections but I've left a thread in here somewhere with the details for the P2.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32286

I used to fit car phone kits, and I have to say the bluetooth functionality of the 3200-BT is better than any parrot / nokia / parma kit I've fitted. Plus if you're keeping the standard volvo head with amp, it's a real pain to get the car kit through the stereo. 3200-BT solves all this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyBurnWorld For This Useful Post:

Giles (Sunday 20th March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBurnWorld View Post
    Fitted a 3200-BT to my P2 V70 with the premium amplifier. Not sure about the older car's amp connections but I've left a thread in here somewhere with the details for the P2.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32286

I used to fit car phone kits, and I have to say the bluetooth functionality of the 3200-BT is better than any parrot / nokia / parma kit I've fitted. Plus if you're keeping the standard volvo head with amp, it's a real pain to get the car kit through the stereo. 3200-BT solves all this.
    Mine arrived saturday. Secondhand 'as new' off amazon. Mic cable wrenched from it's socket, facia plate broke and metal caddy bent. As well as a few screws missing. Do you need the mic for voice or does it have a built-in mic? The guy has offered me £20 refund but the mic is £34 .......
    855R manual, turquoise

230K, aiming for 300k!

Thanks
    Mic is necessary. There is no other microphone built into the unit. Send it all back and pay a little extra for a new unit. There's plenty around for just over £300, and a lot less heartache. Make sure the seller pays you return postage... Distance selling laws apply!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyBurnWorld For This Useful Post:

Giles (Monday 21st March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBurnWorld View Post
    Mic is necessary. There is no other microphone built into the unit. Send it all back and pay a little extra for a new unit. There's plenty around for just over £300, and a lot less heartache. Make sure the seller pays you return postage... Distance selling laws apply!
    He has just refunded me the cost of a new mic delivered (£34), so i am happy. But yes, i paid £286 delivered and new ones are £320 off amazon, or £310 off ebay, so there's a lesson here, one in which i always seem to learn the hard way lol .....anyway, refunded, now to look for a mic......
    855R manual, turquoise

Thread Information