I started my big cleaning mission on Saturday! Unfortunately, I don't have a garage so have been looking around for one I can rent while I detailed the car but to no avail! So, I bit the bullet and went for it!

The cars paintwork was in very poor condition before I started. It was riddled with swirls and marring and was also somewhat oxidized. I'm pretty sure it hadn't seen a hint of polish for quite sometime and looked like it had been washed with Brillo pad! (Sorry Richy!)

Here are a few photos of the car before I started, they're not the best and really don't show the extent of issues but you'll get the idea!

So, 1st up was a wash with fairy liquid to fully degrease and remove any traces of any polish / wax that may have been present. Then masked up all the rubbers and black trim to prevent damage from the DA polisher when that comes into play. Then I clayed the whole car top to bottom. I've only ever done this on 2 other cars and this was by far the worst one! At 1st it sounded like I was rubbing sand paper over the paint, but it's very satisfying when after 10secs or so it goes silent and smooth as glass!

After claying the entire car, I was loosing light fast (it took 6.5hrs!!) But, I decided to mask a line down the bonnet and get the machine on it to see what a difference there would be!!

Called it a day there, and in the morning went out armed with my CYC DA polisher, many various pads and Menzerna compounds and off I went. I'm afraid I got a bit engrossed and forgot to take photos at this point! However, I did have a very scary moment when a Menzerna pad let go on me...luckily I managed to keep the machine away from the car!

After 2 compounding passes, I moved onto AG SRP on a polishing head. This is where the hard work STARTS to pay off and shine starts to come through!

Next step, Poorboys Black Hole glaze applied by hand. This stuff is AMAZING! One of the best products I've come across! Really adds depth and gloss while filling any small swirls still left!