Join Today

View Poll Results: raised rear edge or flush?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • raised, chav stylie

10 29.41%
  • flush, factory look

24 70.59%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nobananas View Post
    Where are these 'cheap' D5's that keep getting mentioned ? I can't find a V70 with sub 150k for less then about 4 grand at the moment !
    both ours are S60's, saloons always go for less than estates. Mine came with 147k miles & old mans had 113k.

We had to go to Derby so a small independant garage for mine & was the first one we'd seen. When it came to my old mans we went & viewed a few overpriced nails (DMF's gone, high mile ex-taxi's) first but spotted this one on Autotrader which was local, closer look of the pictures & realised it was being sold by my cousin (from my dads side of the family) who runs a small car sales business lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post
    Think they're getting mixed up with knackered S60R AWDs
    or atleast parts getting robbed off the cheap D5's to go onto the knackered R's lol

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Well this is why a S60D5 would be perfect, rob bits off it to keep the S60R running :-p
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    IMO it looks nasty up. Why can't you just remove the bonnet seal next to the scuttle? That will allow engine bay heat to escape and not look daft in the process!

I have done just that to mine now that summer is just round the corner. i tested it in the cold winter months but found the engine took longer to warm up and therefore increased fuel consumption. Not an issue in the summer

When it gets cold again i will just refit the seal and keep all the nasty weather out and let the engine warm up quicker.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    IMO it looks nasty up. Why can't you just remove the bonnet seal next to the scuttle? That will allow engine bay heat to escape and not look daft in the process!

I have done just that to mine now that summer is just round the corner. i tested it in the cold winter months but found the engine took longer to warm up and therefore increased fuel consumption. Not an issue in the summer

When it gets cold again i will just refit the seal and keep all the nasty weather out and let the engine warm up quicker.
    the seal & the whole scuttle panel are already in the bin, the only reason its up is because i can't be bothered to adjust the bonnet pins to set the height right lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wegal View Post
    lol well in theory....

the raised bonnet will increase airflow under the hood and so should help reduce intake or latent heat temps and so should increase power, however at speed the raised bonnet will likely cause a vortex at the edge of the bonnet and prevent airflow through the engine bay, increasing drag and reducing power output.

Any way a raised bonnet just makes it look like its had a badly repaired front end shunt... my vote.,,,,, bonnet down
    ya wot
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    no need to appologise mate, i put the poll up to get everyone's opinion as i'm not sure myself

as for the bonnet sealing the engine bay, not on BT it doesn't mate & thats with it flush lol
    looks wrong !!!!!!!!!
    But wrong is good lol.............me thinks.......
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingbrick View Post
    looks wrong !!!!!!!!!
    But wrong is good lol.............me thinks.......
    lmao, from the front or side you can't see the gap anyway

Thread Information