Join Today
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1782
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    The only additions since have been some stickers. I have got the vinyls to replicate the original touring car livery but I haven't put them on yet except for a couple of bits:





    That's where I am at the moment

    Plently more to do, still a work in progress... I will update this as it progresses

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JT For This Useful Post:

    JelT5 (Saturday 2nd April 2011)

  3. #42
    Senior Member
    5 pot heart of a Volvo
    T5frankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    On the strip
    Posts
    24,503
    Thanks
    4,423
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    looks good mate

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

    JT (Friday 1st April 2011)

  5. #43
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    thanks for the info & pictures, the car should still be road legal anyway isn't it? & have you any ideas on how much it weighs now?
    sorry mate,
    I was just reading back through the thread with the thought of updating this tomorrow, when i spotted your questions??

    as for road legal..........no expert but:

    no screen wash jets or bottle
    no number plates
    no number plate lights
    no cat
    no side lights
    no full beam
    no horn
    no airbags( not sure on that 1?)

    these are a few i can think of.........lol

    and weight, well to comply with the damn regs, I am allowed to run the car at its original kerb weight(as per carfoilio.com) which is 1450Kg, with myself in all my race gear, minus 5%.

    to clear that up... the car and me in race trim=1375KG.

    I can go lighter and add ballast etc, but at this stage, just keen to get out there and see whats what.

    more pics very soon

    JT

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to JT For This Useful Post:

    p fandango (Thursday 31st March 2011)

  7. #44
    Senior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    113
    Thanked 80 Times in 70 Posts
    Real lucky if you can add ballast to get to the weight.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SKIDMARKS For This Useful Post:

    JT (Friday 1st April 2011)

  9. #45
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    when it was first stripped out, using a corner weight gauge,
    we estimated it was 1200kg,

    but with the seat,dash, cage and a layer or two of paint, I really
    dont know where it is now.

  10. #46
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    I have been on lates this week,so have managed a couple of bits.

    rear anti-roll bar





    I think the front anti-roll bar might need the use of a proper hoist, which I dont have, so gonna have to pay someone for that job I think?
    Last edited by JT; Thursday 31st March 2011 at 09:44.

  11. #47
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    A new fuel filter



    according to the good book of haynes, they should be changed ever 50,000 miles, I dont think mine has ever been changed??? lol



    Look at the state of that and look what came out of it!!!!!!!!



    Its no wonder I was having fueling problems! lol

  12. #48
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    and just some additional photos:





    Nearly got the btcc look, just need to get the arse down, but the rears are not height adjustable, a bit of butchery required me thinks?



    Last edited by JT; Thursday 31st March 2011 at 09:45.

  13. #49
    Senior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    sunny blackpool
    Posts
    330
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    looking good buddy

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoo101 For This Useful Post:

    JT (Friday 1st April 2011)

  15. #50
    Senior Member
    OH DEAR
    t5 pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    barnsley s.yorkshire
    Posts
    12,470
    Thanks
    2,138
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Looks really good i know when i changed my fuel filter i couldnt believe the crap that came out of it as well.
    Keep up the good work,
    Ive set up a 1/4 mile day and meet at york raceway this year in may if you wish to come allong you would be more than welcome.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

    JT (Friday 1st April 2011)

  17. #51
    Senior Member
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    p fandango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    19,785
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytempest View Post
    sorry mate,
    I was just reading back through the thread with the thought of updating this tomorrow, when i spotted your questions??

    as for road legal..........no expert but:

    no screen wash jets or bottle
    no number plates
    no number plate lights
    no cat
    no side lights
    no full beam
    no horn
    no airbags( not sure on that 1?)

    these are a few i can think of.........lol

    and weight, well to comply with the damn regs, I am allowed to run the car at its original kerb weight(as per carfoilio.com) which is 1450Kg, with myself in all my race gear, minus 5%.

    to clear that up... the car and me in race trim=1375KG.

    I can go lighter and add ballast etc, but at this stage, just keen to get out there and see whats what.

    more pics very soon
    i'd forgot about the questions myself lol. Only electrical stuff them really keeping it off the road. Impressed with the weight considering you've got a rollcage etc

    keep us posted

  18. #52
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i'd forgot about the questions myself lol. Only electrical stuff them really keeping it off the road. Impressed with the weight considering you've got a rollcage etc

    keep us posted
    need a chat with you about a single wiper
    i'm desperate for one to give it that touring car look and the reduced drag will benefit also.

    I tried using the rear wiper mech of an estate but it goes too far round, a true 180, so now i have pretty much tried everything with all the bits i have, but still cant get it from side to side without going off the screen or not going far enough, very frustrating

    JT

  19. #53
    Senior Member
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    p fandango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    19,785
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytempest View Post
    need a chat with you about a single wiper
    i'm desperate for one to give it that touring car look and the reduced drag will benefit also.

    I tried using the rear wiper mech of an estate but it goes too far round, a true 180, so now i have pretty much tried everything with all the bits i have, but still cant get it from side to side without going off the screen or not going far enough, very frustrating
    LINK, i'll pm you my phone number incase you get stuck

    did you get your shift-light fitted?

  20. #54
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Looks really good i know when i changed my fuel filter i couldnt believe the crap that came out of it as well.
    Keep up the good work,
    Ive set up a 1/4 mile day and meet at york raceway this year in may if you wish to come allong you would be more than welcome.
    once I've had it mapped etc, that could be interesting?????

  21. #55
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    LINK, i'll pm you my phone number incase you get stuck

    did you get your shift-light fitted?
    shift light works great thanks to you.
    the link you sent i cant access! doh!

    but i was reading your thread on here about single wipers.

    am i right in thinking its the link from the motor to the main bar which determines how far the wiper goes???

  22. #56
    Senior Member
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    p fandango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    19,785
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    shame i've already sold it, but this would of been perfect for you


    resprayed the same colour as BT


    but it was a genuine TWR BTCC splitter complete with sponsorship decal when i got it, it was off the 1996 test/developement car

  23. #57
    Senior Member
    OH DEAR
    t5 pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    barnsley s.yorkshire
    Posts
    12,470
    Thanks
    2,138
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    How did you manage to get hold of it pedro and where did it go when you sold it

  24. #58
    Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    LiamT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    10,055
    Thanks
    1,849
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    That sticker looks like it was made to go there
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

    JT (Friday 1st April 2011)

  26. #59
    Senior Member
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    p fandango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    19,785
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    How did you manage to get hold of it pedro and where did it go when you sold it
    bought it off ebay for 400. Sold it to a bloke with a black 854R, he did post a couple of times on "the darkside" but not seen him about for a few years now (he didn't even post any pics of it fitted)

  27. #60
    Senior Member
    ..............................
    ....................
    JT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sussex
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 855 Posts
    just slightly gutted..................lol


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     
ipv6 ready