Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
Well............it was Tuesday, yes the hottest day on record and I had booked a track day

Going back a bit, I said we had some engine issues right at the end of the last test, I think we found the problem!

Name:  IMG_1868.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  106.7 KB

So new (ish) piston fitted and new rings while we had it apart and booked another test.

I was so pleased my mate turned up with his massive gazebo to keep us in the shade

Name:  IMG_1977.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  222.9 KB

So yes a very hot day as I'm sure you are all aware, but with in car temps hitting 45 degrees and wearing the full fireproofs, it was a tough day
not just for me but the car as well.

Twice it overheated

https://youtube.com/shorts/Bl4gfsSRoPU?feature=share

But I did get some laps in. Not pushing too hard as I did not want to destroy the new engine components.
On a positive, no oil leaks!! Happy days !!

The new drive shafts survived the day, so happy with those
Anyone recommend some decent brake pads to suit AP CP5200 cailpers? currently on DS3000, but I'm not feeling the bite

Next outing and my last this year, should be August 6TH, Brands Hatch...................RACEDAY!!
Damn......I'm on holiday from work that weekend, I but will be recovering from The Flying Moose's wedding festivities, I'm dying to see you and her on track ...or off track ??? (socially I mean....lol)