Join Today
    1999 S70 T5 Auto
    Thanks

radio codes ... HELP!

We've got 2 volvos, S70T5 and V40T4, i need the security codes for both of them !

I've been in touch with my local dealer who gave me what they should've been but neither are right (how the hell can that happen?!)

Anyone know of any software or anything else that might be able to give me the correct codes?

cheers

Jim
    Current car : 1999 S70 T5
    (+ a widebodied X1/9 & a 2-door Range Rover)

Previous Volvos :1996 850 T-5 Saloon in Blue
    1998 V40 T4
    1986 360 GLT

I might act crazy but i don't
    smoke crack

Thanks
    Send Rufe a pm on here he sorted mine out a few weeks ago. Had the same trouble where someone had previously changed the radio just have him the serial number stamped underneath it and he found the right code.
    Currently driving a BMW 318 because it was cheap

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Your local dealer will also be able to find the alternative codes in the same way that we can.

If you give them the full serial number, the part number and the model number then they will be able to find the alternative codes.

There are two sets of codes stored on the database, the first is the easiest for us to find, we simply tap in the registration number (or VIN number) and up pops the code.

However that code is for the unit the car left the factory with. If for any reason the unit has been replaced by another one at some point (which happens all the time) that code wont work.

Then we can access the second database which records the codes for all Volvo radios. If we find the exact unit, using the above info (Serial number, part number and model number) then we can give you that code.

Many dealers do actually seem to be unaware they can do this, but every single Volvo dealer has the same system as us. I would offer to do this for you but currently our security database is still offline (major technical problems here at FRF!) so it would be quicker for you to approach them and ask for this alternative code in this instance.

Simon
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

1999 S70 T5 Auto
    Thanks
    Cheers Simon, i'll give them a go although last time i went in there was a very snotty bloke who didn't seem interested in helping anyone with a 10 year old+ car ... snob!

i'll let you know how i get on!
    Current car : 1999 S70 T5
    (+ a widebodied X1/9 & a 2-door Range Rover)

Previous Volvos :1996 850 T-5 Saloon in Blue
    1998 V40 T4
    1986 360 GLT

Thread Information