Join Today

Thread: New T5

This user has no status
    Thanks

New T5

Well yesterday I picked up a little cracker of a V70 T5. Travelled 300 miles on a promise and some pictures but it turned out great; 40k miles, emerald green, 1 non-smoking very posh 85 year-old owner, new tyres, battery, belts, discs, pads, FVSH with a massive one last December. Sadly the alternator died when we arrived to pick it up so the very helpful garage paid for our additional carhire whilst a new one was fitted by their mechanic on his day off...really top service, so can I thus recommend Semington Cars in Melksham, Wiltshire to anyone.

Never thought I'd find an old shape Volvo like this again, it's like a time warp. Quite what a 70-odd year old guy would be doing walking into a Volvo dealership back in 1999 and ordering a T5 I don't know, unless it was on the showroom floor already. This is one of several "poverty spec" T5s I've noticed (cloth interior, not even foglights etc) perhaps they were a runout to use up spare bits heading towards the new shape?? Anyhow, I can forgive the lack of a few buttons for the honesty of the thing, and have some weekends ahead cleaning up what has been a farmer's car that has spent a long time sitting around (actually found a small snail under the bonnet today!)

So thoughts on improvements;

1. I would like to add foglights which I would expect to be fairly simple from a breaker.
    2. I also miss the cruise control but expect that to be more complicated if not impossible; not like the 2003 Alfa I retrofitted just by adding the stalk!
    3. Need one of those folding dog guards, as mint as possible as befits the car, in beige if anyone on here has one
    4. Thought about a wood interior kit like my TDi had; I always thought these were available from the online Volvo parts suppliers but now can't see any? Anyone know another source? Again no point in a scratchy one from a breaker when the rest of the interior looks like it's hardly been used

Any other tips?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    is this a ME7 ie no throttle cable?...just asking as i have a 98 T5 which is a ME7, cheers Kee
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kee1173 View Post
    is this a ME7 ie no throttle cable?...just asking as i have a 98 T5 which is a ME7, cheers Kee
    its ME7 (blue badge on the grill)

looks in very good condition & well looked after paintwork

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    Wow time warp example nice
    2004 V50 T5 SE

This user has no status
    Thanks
    is that how you tell, i got a blue badge on the t5 and a black on the R, should put this in the blonde moment section as i thought the reason for the Black badge on the R was cause it was A V70R ....LOL
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

Thread Information