Join Today

Thread: chrome bits...

the true nut job
    Thanks

Talking chrome bits...

hi chaps need 2 know some thing....ware can i bye the chrome bits 4 the engine that some of you lads have cheers...
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL V70R View Post
    hi chaps need 2 know some thing....ware can i bye the chrome bits 4 the engine that some of you lads have cheers...
    Well, in a way, you can't. They were custom made some years ago by a forum member who was a dab hand at stainless fabrication. The good news is, I do have some spare bits - certainly a fuel rail cover, a throttle cover and a power steering cover, and an expansion tank cover as well as a brake reservoir cover. I don't have any spare of the best item though - the 'rocker' cover. They are rare and I paid a lot for several items - but I will try and get some pics up of what I have.

KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

the true nut job
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Well, in a way, you can't. They were custom made some years ago by a forum member who was a dab hand at stainless fabrication. The good news is, I do have some spare bits - certainly a fuel rail cover, a throttle cover and a power steering cover, and an expansion tank cover as well as a brake reservoir cover. I don't have any spare of the best item though - the 'rocker' cover. They are rare and I paid a lot for several items - but I will try and get some pics up of what I have.

cheers mate how much would u want if u ware parting with them and i would be defo intrested lol
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    When me and my mate done up his beetle, we just took the parts we wanted chromed to this place that dipped them in the chrome ( cant think of what they were called ) but it was a metal fabricator that did chroming....... look in the yellow pages for Chromers/ metal fabricators and you might find someone local who does it......or who can point you in the right direction...
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Will get back to you later Phil.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    What you really need is a nice set if chrome clock rings!

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    No,no,no....what you really want is your covers airbrushing like I had on my 850's..(pardon the blatant sales pitch....see Linky in my sig)
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingxl View Post
    Read that a bit quick at first :worried ...Then realised you put "clock" Rings..
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    No,no,no....what you really want is your covers airbrushing like I had on my 850's..(pardon the blatant sales pitch....see Linky in my sig)
    Do you know or heard of a man called Phil Bisset.....does a lot of air brush customs on cars, mind you quite a while back , also does Tattooing .....apparently quite well known ......

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Why would my male chicken need a ring??? Still at work Phil - sorry, on until after 9 tonight. Looong day.
    KISS Rs

the true nut job
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Why would my male chicken need a ring??? Still at work Phil - sorry, on until after 9 tonight. Looong day.
    lol...i hope that was clock ring...must meet him at york...nice man..lol

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kee1173 View Post
    Do you know or heard of a man called Phil Bisset.....does a lot of air brush customs on cars, mind you quite a while back , also does Tattooing .....apparently quite well known ......
    Not off hand but to be honest I haven't had much involvment in the scene over here, mostly read about the guys in the states.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ok, just wondered as he has won a lot of awards for cars hes done but was quite a few years ago...all it was is he is a good friend of mine best mate......probably one of the first people to build custom cars like in custom my ride etc ....

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingxl View Post
    what like a prince albert?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

the true nut job
    Thanks
    albert who.....is he chrome and has he got a new dress and shoes,,,

Thread Information