Join Today
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    4:03 - Lights are on red - overtaking V70 to get onto the brigde.
    4:19 - pushing hard in a 40 - not clever.

There are many more.

Overall hazard awareness seems poor. Does not let up for junctions. It is certainly full bore - but leaves no room for error.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wobbly Dave For This Useful Post:

lance (Friday 4th March 2011)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Phil so why drive a tuned 855R on the road?

I ask this question to everyone I know with fast cars, and NO one I know or have met that has a fast road car sticks to the rules all the time.

I was speaking to a guy at work who has just bought a 57 plate RS4 and he said he hasn't had a single drive in it yet were he hasn't excessively broke the law.
    Thanks
    Martyn

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Phil so why drive a tuned 855R on the road?

I ask this question to everyone I know with fast cars, and NO one I know or have met that has a fast road car sticks to the rules all the time.

I was speaking to a guy at work who has just bought a 57 plate RS4 and he said he hasn't had a single drive in it yet were he hasn't excessively broke the law.
    i agree everyone speeds, my problem is this guy intentionally hooked up a camera & went out to speed/impress no matter what the conditions or who else was on the road. I only put my foot down (can i say that when talking about a D5) on totally empty road, i watch the mpg computer too much so rarely go fast then
    Last edited by p fandango; Thursday 3rd March 2011 at 22:30.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

jez.w (Friday 4th March 2011)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I am not saying that, we are innocent - but this video shows an unrelenting push to the limit, with an apparent disregard for everyone else on the road.

It endorses everything that is bad about modified car ownership.

Leave it for the track or the drag strip.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wobbly Dave For This Useful Post:

Al115 (Friday 4th March 2011),jez.w (Friday 4th March 2011),lance (Friday 4th March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You say that, yet i worked with a bloke who has had M3 s upto recent one, porsches, and now drives RS4 ... even has them re mapped and chipped but never thrashed or gone over 70mph in any of them and beleive me we used to take the P*** right out of him but he was always to worried to get them dirty, damaged ..... to be honest he changes his every 2 years and they are prob the best examples of these cars and i mean mint.... he just likes the image of the cars and his pleasure is keeping them gleaming and in showroom condition..... and i did nt beleive it myself until he picked us up in this 18 month old M3 2006 that looked like he just walked out the showroom with it and then drove down the motorway @ about 60 mph ...never thrashed it once , my mum drove faster.... so there are people who are just that way
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kee1173 For This Useful Post:

Vikingxl (Thursday 3rd March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i agree everyone speeds, my problem is this guy intentionally hooked up a camera & went out to speed/impress no matter what the conditions or who else was on the road. I only put my foot down (can i say that when talking about a D5) on totally empty road, i watch the mpg computer too much so rarely go fast then
    I agree with everything your saying there, I would never film somthing like that. When ever I'm planning on having a fast blast its usually a quite road. I dint think he was going that mental on most of it, he wasn't hanging around when it came to passing but most of the time either do I if I'm in a rush.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You dont have to do more than 70 to break the speed limit though and anyone can drive slowly when proving a point. I got rid of my tuned car as i no longer felt the need to go quickly no one in their right mind would buy an m3 or an RS4 with the intention of driving within the speed limit at all times, these cars are built for a purpose and that purpose is to go fast its almost impossible to drive an RS4 at 30 mph.

By the way the thanks i posted was a press of the wrong button because im old and tired

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think the bottom line is the guy isn't a very good driver - not slowing for junctions or showing any anticipation, relying on others to drive error free.

Everyone bends the rules sometime, the rules can't legislate for someone with no imagination about how other people may get it wrong - and cause you to crash into them.

For the record - I always do my best to obey 30 limits as I've had drunk pedestrians jump out into the road on me before - and believe me stuff like that can happen very fast when you least expect it, and drive at a speed that probably won't result in a speed camera ticket on the M-way.

Enjoying driving doesn't mean driving like a plank! just driving within your skill level and taking consideration of the weather, traffic and general conditions (which the guy in the film clearly wasn't)
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Thursday 3rd March 2011 at 22:47.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

jez.w (Friday 4th March 2011),lance (Friday 4th March 2011),Vikingxl (Thursday 3rd March 2011)

Some people hate to see you
    doing well. They are losers...
    Thanks
    Wanna see a T5 bein driven hard fast and safely for 7 solid mins??

Watch my vid at silverstone... I overtook 21 cars and got over took twice... see how I catch and leave the cossie....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4YhTNJZzQ[/ame]

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulZX For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Friday 4th March 2011),lance (Friday 4th March 2011),t5_monkey (Thursday 3rd March 2011),volvokid (Thursday 3rd March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kee1173 View Post
    You say that, yet i worked with a bloke who has had M3 s upto recent one, porsches, and now drives RS4 ... even has them re mapped and chipped but never thrashed or gone over 70mph in any of them and beleive me we used to take the P*** right out of him but he was always to worried to get them dirty, damaged ..... to be honest he changes his every 2 years and they are prob the best examples of these cars and i mean mint.... he just likes the image of the cars and his pleasure is keeping them gleaming and in showroom condition..... and i did nt beleive it myself until he picked us up in this 18 month old M3 2006 that looked like he just walked out the showroom with it and then drove down the motorway @ about 60 mph ...never thrashed it once , my mum drove faster.... so there are people who are just that way
    There's not much people out there like that, but I do have a V70R that I've hardly driven in the 6 years I've owned it because I want to keep it as good as I can I get more fun cleaning it than I do driving it, but I've still managed to put a smile on my face after a drive in it, even if I've felt bad for thrashing it thats what it was built for.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i know exactly what your saying and i did nt beleive it till i met him....even his wife does nt see the point in the cars he has .....but gotta say you would love to buy a car off him....my mate who used to work for him bought his M3 E46 2002....2 years old with 5,000 on the clock ... not a stone chip, scuff, mark on it ... i had never seen a car so clean.....personally i just think the bloke is weird ....just more into the image of owning these cars....amongst all our mates its a personal joke about himand his cars
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I must be a very poor driver, I never slow for junctions on a road I know, in fact i never slow for junctions full stop (unless its not my rite away ) but I'm usually observant of them. I only have fun on roads I know, I get too uncomfortable driving at excessive speed and sometimes within the legal limit on roads I don't know.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    I must be a very poor driver, I never slow for junctions on a road I know, in fact i never slow for junctions full stop (unless its not my rite away ) but I'm usually observant of them. I only have fun on roads I know, I get too uncomfortable driving at excessive speed and sometimes within the legal limit on roads I don't know.
    I am pretty much the same, every now and then i like a blast but thats not for long and usually on a dual carriageway/ motorway but to be honest quite happy to poodle at 70mph, then when i see a d**k then i like to show em up...lol....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kee1173 View Post
    when i see a d**k then i like to show em up...lol....

So you admit you race,speed on the open road?
    Thanks for being honest because anyone that says they dont is a liar and that was from a traffic cop.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Me .. never admitted anything ....i said i like to show them up... i do this by shouting at them as they go past and pointing.....LOL also i like to blast the car with in the speed limit of the road and upto the correct distance i should be behind the car in front...
    Last edited by kee1173; Thursday 3rd March 2011 at 23:33.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well said kee1173! lol

we have a traffic copper on this forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post

I have it pretty much spot on now, gargles at idle, quiet cruising and sounds like a jet on boost.

^^^^^^how every 850 should sound!^^^^^^

23. The Following User Says Thank You to stu_850t5 For This Useful Post:

kee1173 (Friday 4th March 2011)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_850t5 View Post
    we have a traffic copper on this forum?
    We have more than one but they dont often comment,good bunch though.lol

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    "Everyone" can see you on a public forum, i have no idea if Jimmie is a traffic officer or not, but it makes no difference, yes i think we all would admit to speeding in a "safe" manner sometimes that's life, but never driving like a knob, if i want to race i pay my £20 at avon and race all day.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    We have more than one but they dont often comment,good bunch though.lol
    suppose its expected on a volvo forum. im yet to find a "good/nice" traffic copper. very difficult around essex it seems???
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post

I have it pretty much spot on now, gargles at idle, quiet cruising and sounds like a jet on boost.

^^^^^^how every 850 should sound!^^^^^^

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_850t5 View Post
    im yet to find a "good/nice" traffic copper.
    i've met plenty of good & bad, my first look round a T-5 was from the back of a police one lol

Thread Information