Join Today
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kee1173 View Post
    the thing i would say is the difference between overtaking one car is is that it is a short burst of speed, when overtaking multi cars your speed would be increasing and also makes it harder to pull in if you need to, but the other thing is say one of the multi cars decides to also start to over take the car he is behind,he may not see you and pulll straight into you, i say this cause i have seen this happen...
    I am not saying you personally by the way, just looking at all the you s i have put in ....LOL
    i totally agree, overtaking multiple cars etc is obviously more dangerous however you look at it.
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jez.w For This Useful Post:

kee1173 (Friday 4th March 2011)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts

Wink

the thing i would say is the difference between overtaking one car is is that it is a short burst of speed, when overtaking multi cars your speed would be increasing and also makes it harder to pull in if you need to, but the other thing is say one of the multi cars decides to also start to over take the car he is behind,he may not see you and pulll straight into you, i say this cause i have seen this happen...
    I am not saying you personally by the way, just looking at all the you s i have put in ....LOL
    I wast meaning him passing more than one car at a time, i ment making multiple single overtakes. I only watched the vid once and i dont think he passed much cars in one go 2 maybe 3 was it? Thats hardly mental if its passable. Im probably a slower driver than most that have replyed to this thats why i think its funny, i average mid 50's in my car between most fill ups, so i cant be that stuppid!
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not saying you are..just answering the question but if you watched all the vid, he overtakes about 7- 8 cars in 1 hit and that is what i answered to... must be the way the question was put, thought you said whats the diff between overtaking one car and over taking a series of cars .. but i thought you meant at once......
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    I wast meaning him passing more than one car at a time, i ment making multiple single overtakes. I only watched the vid once and i dont think he passed much cars in one go 2 maybe 3 was it? Thats hardly mental if its passable. Im probably a slower driver than most that have replyed to this thats why i think its funny, i average mid 50's in my car between most fill ups, so i cant be that stuppid!
    There is nothing worse than a car who sqeezes back in when doing multiple overtakes, and by forcing their way back in causes everyone to brake and all the gaps between the moving vechicles to close up.
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jez.w For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Friday 4th March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not saying you are..just answering the question but if you watched all the vid, he overtakes about 7- 8 cars in 1 hit and that is what i answered to... must be the way the question was put, thought you said whats the diff between overtaking one car and over taking a series of cars .. but i thought you meant at once......
    Ah ok i cant remember that part, it not ideal but ive done it in the past if theres a que of cars that arent passing mr slow in front, i guess when you do that you just have to gauge the way the other cars are driving, it can be done safe enough under the rite circumstances.

Im not totally sticking up for this guys driving style, it just seems to be when speed is ever mentioned on hear the same people jump at it, why drive a fast car.... i know people die due to speed and i know people on here have lost people due to speed, but almost everyone on here will do it.

Its easy to judge peoples driving styles when watching a video, video yourself going round a track and see how critical people will be of your driving. I didnt write video on the road and show people it becuase thats wrong....
    Thanks
    Martyn

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

kee1173 (Friday 4th March 2011),T5frankie (Friday 4th March 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jez.w View Post
    There is nothing worse than a car who sqeezes back in when doing multiple overtakes, and by forcing their way back in causes everyone to brake and all the gaps between the moving vechicles to close up.
    So your telling me that you never overtake more than one car at a single time? Well if the car has had to squeeze its way in it due to people not leaving a big enough gap, i hate drivers who have no intention to overtake but they will all drive huddled together, i have very few stone chips on the front of my v40 becuase i leave a massive gap and i do 100 miles a day to work, i would give you a pound for every chip you find on the R
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So your telling me that you never overtake more than one car at a single time? Well if the car has had to squeeze its way in it due to people not leaving a big enough gap, i hate drivers who have no intention to overtake but they will all drive huddled together, i have very few stone chips on the front of my v40 becuase i leave a massive gap and i do 100 miles a day to work, i would give you a pound for every chip you find on the R
    Yes i have overtaken more than 2 cars in one go but not like you see on the video. There is no anticipation shown for other cars, junctions etc.

If traffic is doing the speed limit why overtake long lines of cars, just go with the flow.

I do 18000 miles a year mainly driving to work and back, and using clear country roads but i wouldnt overtake like this.
    This guy has broken several speed limits (by a long way as it sounds like its reving out in 3rd), run a red light, overtaken on a double white line, and driven recklessly by overtaking dangerously near juntions and bends multiple times. He could get banned twice over just in the video.

We have all done silly driving at times but this video is beyond reasonable, this guy has even posted it to brag???????????
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jez.w For This Useful Post:

kee1173 (Friday 4th March 2011),lance (Friday 4th March 2011),t5_monkey (Friday 4th March 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Ah ok i cant remember that part, it not ideal but ive done it in the past if theres a que of cars that arent passing mr slow in front, i guess when you do that you just have to gauge the way the other cars are driving, it can be done safe enough under the rite circumstances.

Im not totally sticking up for this guys driving style, it just seems to be when speed is ever mentioned on hear the same people jump at it, why drive a fast car.... i know people die due to speed and i know people on here have lost people due to speed, but almost everyone on here will do it.

Its easy to judge peoples driving styles when watching a video, video yourself going round a track and see how critical people will be of your driving. I didnt write video on the road and show people it becuase thats wrong....
    That's kinda the point - he should have been videoing himself around a track driving as fast as he dares... NOT the road! and if you don't want to be commented on it's quite easy to simply not upload the video.

Im not totally sticking up for this guys driving style, it just seems to be when speed is ever mentioned on hear the same people jump at it, why drive a fast car....
    Cause you can still enjoy it without driving like the guy on the video ?

Last edited by t5_monkey; Friday 4th March 2011 at 14:55.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

jez.w (Friday 4th March 2011),kee1173 (Friday 4th March 2011)

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    I'm just waiting for someone on here (or another forum) to say -It was me!

Now that would be interesting...
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Friday 4th March 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    I'm just waiting for someone on here (or another forum) to say -It was me!

Now that would be interesting...
    He'd still be a fanny... just a forum using fanny

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    Someone in Yorkshire with a V70 R P2 but Im guessing its a few years old did anyone see the 60s Aston Martin in the video couldnt quite tell if was a DB4, 5 or 6¬ and a sierra! It could be 4 or 5 yrs old.
    2004 V50 T5 SE

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Also looking i noticed a brown leaf on the ground... and a boy with a woolly hat ..this would indicate november/ december time... also i am concluding the speed he was doing that the fuel prices were low...this and with other factors i have seen.. i beleive this was shot on 27th November 2005 @ 16.47pm.... give or take a second.....LOL
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Also looking i noticed a brown leaf on the ground... and a boy with a woolly hat ..this would indicate november/ december time... also i am concluding the speed he was doing that the fuel prices were low...this and with other factors i have seen.. i beleive this was shot on 27th November 2005 @ 16.47pm.... give or take a second.....LOL
    starting the video saying "lets rock" proves it was obviously done in the 1970's lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i took this into account....but i detected from my deducing skills that this was an overweight man who has nt moved on ...we know he is overweigt for if you listen to the video carefully you can periodically canhear the rustling of crisps and his speech is sometimes muffled as he stuffs his face...Also when he says " Lets Rock" no one replies signifying people cringing in their seat... suggesting that the expression is sorely out of date..... LOL ....i must be bored LOL

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kee1173 For This Useful Post:

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i took this into account....but i detected from my deducing skills that this was an overweight man who has nt moved on ...we know he is overweigt for if you listen to the video carefully you can periodically canhear the rustling of crisps and his speech is sometimes muffled as he stuffs his face...Also when he says " Lets Rock" no one replies signifying people cringing in their seat... suggesting that the expression is sorely out of date..... LOL ....i must be bored LOL
    you could be onto something there Mrs Marple lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Miss marple on weekend only..... more a Sherlock during week >>>LOL

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARKS View Post
    It is possible to drive energetically, but in the right conditions. Not to put others at risk...ie mums with the kids in the car or a 70 year old that is ready to have a heart attack. You never know who you are overtaking ( at high speed )

Every one should take a drive in something similar to my other car if they get a chance. Yer arse is 80mm from the ground wind in the hair and you can smell what the bloke in front has just had for dinner. You realise just how vunerable you are on the road without the security and insulated effect a tin box has. Makes you very alert, as if you get it wrong you are probably dead.

Ps...another old fart giving his opinion
    You must have very short legs if your arse is only 80mm off the ground...
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    You must have very short legs if your arse is only 80mm off the ground...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Have to say, I watched this with no sound, so dont know what was being said/heard, but in silence, most of that seemed OK to me - dont know what speeds were being hit of course, but most overtaking seemed safe and fairly courteous. the only problems I have was when he was a tit through the red light over the bridge, when he did the overtake and slammed on the braked behind the horsebox and of course taking the white lines before they finished. A couple of his overtakes seemed a bit blind from the camera's point of view, but then the human eye has a far greater resolution, has depth perception and can see further, so who's to say the couple of blind overtakes weren't actually so blind to the driver?

If he has been barging in, swooping into different lanes to undertake and weave around traffic, then that would be being a bell end. But from what I saw, 80% of this guy's drive looked fine
    Cheers!

Gaz Wilson

2003 V70R AWD, Minty Green, 330BHP
    1997 V70R AWD, Saffron, RICA 580
    1999 Honda CBR1100 XX Super Blackbird
    1995 P38 Range Rover (LPG) with 1997 lamp upgrade - FOR SALE

http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/thehorsedentist

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Rdragon View Post
    Have to say, I watched this with no sound, so dont know what was being said/heard, but in silence, most of that seemed OK to me - dont know what speeds were being hit of course, but most overtaking seemed safe and fairly courteous. the only problems I have was when he was a tit through the red light over the bridge, when he did the overtake and slammed on the braked behind the horsebox and of course taking the white lines before they finished. A couple of his overtakes seemed a bit blind from the camera's point of view, but then the human eye has a far greater resolution, has depth perception and can see further, so who's to say the couple of blind overtakes weren't actually so blind to the driver?

If he has been barging in, swooping into different lanes to undertake and weave around traffic, then that would be being a bell end. But from what I saw, 80% of this guy's drive looked fine
    As any woman would say, it is the extra 20% that makes all the difference when it comes to a bell-end...
    KISS Rs

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 6th March 2011),t5_monkey (Sunday 6th March 2011)

Thread Information