Join Today
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Rdragon View Post
    Have to say, I watched this with no sound, so dont know what was being said/heard, but in silence, most of that seemed OK to me - dont know what speeds were being hit of course, but most overtaking seemed safe and fairly courteous. the only problems I have was when he was a tit through the red light over the bridge, when he did the overtake and slammed on the braked behind the horsebox and of course taking the white lines before they finished. A couple of his overtakes seemed a bit blind from the camera's point of view, but then the human eye has a far greater resolution, has depth perception and can see further, so who's to say the couple of blind overtakes weren't actually so blind to the driver?

If he has been barging in, swooping into different lanes to undertake and weave around traffic, then that would be being a bell end. But from what I saw, 80% of this guy's drive looked fine
    At last someone talking some sense ( i also had no sound)as we have all done what the guy did wrong apart from the videoing himself unless you are a little angle that doesn't do anything wrong.
    Passing on the corners looked fine to me because he set the car up in the overtaking position and we have all had to squeese in behind a car at some point when overtaking.
    Speed might have been an issue but i did not see a speedo neither did anyone
    else.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    At last someone talking some sense ( i also had no sound)as we have all done what the guy did wrong apart from the videoing himself unless you are a little angle that doesn't do anything wrong.
    Passing on the corners looked fine to me because he set the car up in the overtaking position and we have all had to squeese in behind a car at some point when overtaking.
    else.
    hate to disappoint you but no we haven't all done that, if i can't see upto where i expect to pull in is clear then i don't overtake especially round a corner. As for squeezing in again no, if i can't overtake without disrupting others & there driving then i wait till i can see the road is clear enough to overtake them all

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

kee1173 (Sunday 6th March 2011),t5_monkey (Sunday 6th March 2011)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    else.
    I don't force my way in either - esp on those dodgy Scottish B roads thats how people get killed.

As for speed... he reaches what appears to be max revs in 3rd... we all know that's about 90-100mph depending on the Volvo.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status

Thanks
    What i could see from the video was a deliberate jumping of the red light.
    Crossing the white line line which ws wrong but he positioned his car to see and he had time to come in behind the 4X4 when passing the line of traffic.
    The ka even pulled away from him in one section.
    What i would have classed as highly dangerous was the weather conditions.
    Im glad that there are so many A1 drivers on this forum but drive fast volvos.
    Whats happened to the smiley's?

This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile

Crossing the white line line which ws wrong but he positioned his car to see and he had time to come in behind the 4X4 when passing the line of traffic.
    This is just out of curiousity.... but on one of my posts you commented you was a traffic cop....if you was following this man , you are saying you would nt nick him...i ask because then i might have an idea on wht ican and cant do on the road, coming from a traffic cop...
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I'd be very surprised a cop wouldn't have pulled him over for his efforts - even excluding the light jump.

That's frankly ripping the piss when I got done and 3 points for momentarily accelerating to 45 in a 30 limit in 2nd gear ... (which was a straight clear dual carriage with no traffic on it) and the copper even commented that there was nothing unsafe or aggressive about my driving.

Just shows if they don't have a speed gun or camera pointed at you they don't give a ****
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Sunday 6th March 2011 at 15:56.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    I'd be very surprised a cop wouldn't have pulled him over for his efforts - even excluding the light jump.

That's frankly ripping the piss when I got done and 3 points for momentarily accelerating to 45 in a 30 limit (which was a straight clear dual carriage with no traffic on it)
    well, thats what i would think, in my youth i have been pulled and penalised for a lot lot less...thats why i was curious?
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

Thread Information