Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

V70 electric seat swap

Hi all, hopefully someone can help. I have a V70 T5, lots of options but no electric motored or heated seats. If I was to nab the bits from an S70 that I also have will the V70 wiring loom already have the necessary plugs in the loom? If it does then going further than the seats, what is required to get the Sports, economy & winter switchable auto option for the 'box?

This user has no status

Thanks
    re seats, providing they are both either pre 1999 or both 1999 they are interchangeable. Both years used a different air bag system although the actual seat covers will still be the same. Wiring should be there for most of it, for the heated side you'll need the loom that goes to the switches in the centre console by the ashtray. If you've got the S70 there you can just un plug any looms that you want and swap them over.

Not sure what you mean about the box switch? What do you have at the moment? The only way of changing it is by changing the gearbox and the ecus as the switches (Eco, sport, winter) go with a certain type of box. Some later ones will just have a W but thye are an adaptive box anyway.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Loom for the heater switches are under the coin/ odds & sods tray. Loom usually already exists. You just need the tray with the switches. The seat will have 4 plugs underneath rather than 2 IIRC. At least that is what happened with the C70. Last thing is you will need a fuse for position 14 in the fuse box. Consult the underside of the lid for current (amps).

Check the loom supplying the seat. I think you will find it has plugs you are not using.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information