Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

P1 identification help needed

I have someone offering me a P1 V70 AWD that they say is a T5 AWD but when I put the reg into insurance, ebay, car data it says it is a 2.4 turbo AWD 193 bhp and no mention of a T5. Now they insist that it says T5 on the logbook is there anything they can physically have a look for to tell it's definitely a T5 and not just a 193bhp turbo? They are miles away so I'd rather make sure before I commit to having a look.

Any help welcome
    Last edited by optimusprimer; Wednesday 23rd February 2011 at 22:20.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Theres no such car as a T5 AWD. It'll be a 2.5 LPT for sure mate. Unless it's an R AWD, which would be fairly obvious.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thats what I thought but they are insisting it says T5 on the logbook, I just wanted to make sure I wasnt going mad! If anyone has a better way of checking than me the reg is R37 MSR (assuming it's ok to put this info on here, if not I'll remove it)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quite possible that there's a mistake on the log book, it does happen quite often.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ah ok, the tell tale sign is that the engine should be a 2319cc if its a T5?

the true nut job
    Thanks
    i think the engine code 4 the t5 is b5234t3 not sure tho mate..
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I only just seen this, and checked the reg above and its a 2.5 LPT, or as we know it the B5254T, and it is AWD.
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    As above, i did the same a little while back, someone selling a AWD called it the the T5 but this is before i joined this club and none the wiser... after buying the car i researched thoroughly and as chris said on the P1 they did nt make a T5 Awd only a 2.5 AWD or a R... alot of people put the 2.5 up as 2.4 because the actual size is 2435cc and also for some unknown reason ( especially on the bay) lots call the V70 (any V70) a T5 when its not....but the same thing the bloke who sold me the AWD said it said T5 on the log book but when i got the log book it came to me as V70 AWD only, so don t take their word for it....so as above it is a 2.5 LPT unless an R...colour of the car might tell you, also interior trim but not always acruate, but even if it is a 2.5 awd, mine was lovely and put a k&n filter on it and to be honest it was plenty quick enough and pulled really well but does nt have the punch of the T5 but not a slow car...depends what the price is really?
    V70R FWD 97 Auto Black, Strut Brace, Polybush top mount,RipSpeed Inverted Cone Filter, Silicone Vac Hoses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    In sweden and italy there is in fact t5 AWD's. Both 2,0T5 =226bhp and 2,3T5=239bhp. I do not know of any other markets with these variations.

This user has no status

Thanks
    It was originally a 1997 V70 AWD - it was not a stock 193 - it was a Police Demonstrator loaned to south Yorkshire Police who returned it.
    it was sold on in Leeds by a Dealer and owned for 3 years in stripped down trim and unbadged - it then went to a local trader in Mapperley Nottingham.

After that it was taken to Marshall Melton Mowbray by the New Owner and verified.

The engine output was 255 bhp. It was on the Log Book as a 2.5 Turbo AWD - with Winter Pack.
    The reason being - is that it was in standard 2.5 SE Trim - (Police Standard) and was fitted with Nivomatic Shocks.

The owner from 2006 to 2009 - had a Pair of Simons Exhausts fitted, a vortex kit, a stock 2.5 R mapping done by Guy Rogers, and a stock T5 Spoiler fitted.

I know this because from 2006 to 2009 I owned it.
    It was R Badged and registered with VPCUK. But when I sold it - it was sold as a Standard 2.5 AWD Turbo to avoid any hassle. After the Remap and Exhausts were done - at 10 years old it was pushing 240bhp.

That is all I know about the car, don't know where it went after I flogged it on Ebay for a thousand in 2009.

Chappy

This user has no status

Thanks
    it also had a Aurora Alloys instead of Comets.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Ooh thread revival lol.

Interesting reading.... But still not a T5 though, is it?

T5 isn't a trim specification, its n engine, which is a 2319cc, high pressure turbo, not a fettled 2.5 low pressure turbo.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thread Information