Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy Bloody car....again!!!! Help :(

As a couple of you know I've clocked up over £5Ks worth repairs since buying my low mileage, but obviously badly maintained T-5R last May.

There'd been a bit of a problem with it jumping out of 2nd from about my third month of ownership; so, I've been keeping the miles and racing down in an attempt to keep it going until the summer when I should be able to afford to have the work done- I'm limited as to what I can do due to not having the facilities and having a bad back injury which makes doing even simple jobs excruciatingly painful.
    This morning I had the usual jump out of second followed by some nasty grinding noises- can still drive the car but it's not at all pleasurable to say the least.

So, I could do with an M56- very cheap please guys because I've been out of work since Nov last year and all my savings have gone on this git of car!

Thanks fellas

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    If we can get a whole Volvo together for Emlyn, surely someone can dig out one of these for Jerry???
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Saturday 19th February 2011),p fandango (Saturday 19th February 2011),The Flying Moose (Saturday 19th February 2011),Vikingxl (Saturday 19th February 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Which models have the m56?

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    all 850 T-5's, although early ones had the speed sensor mounted into the gearbox while later ones took the speed pulse from the ABS sensor

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Jerry I have an M56 you can have for free if you havnt solved it all by June when I return from the Falkland Islands, ill even pop over with the toolbox and help fit it if you need the help. Yes I know you live in France but the oportunity for a trek out to Frog land wouldnt go a miss.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Saturday 19th February 2011),JelT5 (Sunday 20th February 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JelT5 View Post
    As a couple of you know I've clocked up over £5Ks worth repairs since buying my low mileage, but obviously badly maintained T-5R last May.

There'd been a bit of a problem with it jumping out of 2nd from about my third month of ownership; so, I've been keeping the miles and racing down in an attempt to keep it going until the summer when I should be able to afford to have the work done- I'm limited as to what I can do due to not having the facilities and having a bad back injury which makes doing even simple jobs excruciatingly painful.
    This morning I had the usual jump out of second followed by some nasty grinding noises- can still drive the car but it's not at all pleasurable to say the least.

So, I could do with an M56- very cheap please guys because I've been out of work since Nov last year and all my savings have gone on this git of car!

Thanks fellas
    speak to emlyn he has just broke a t5r

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Sunday 20th February 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So my W reg s70 t5 me7 wouldnt be any help then? I'm breaking it over next couple of weeks and the gear box will only be going to scrappers as I don't have the equipment to remove it.

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    speak to emlyn he has just broke a t5r
    My only problem Carl is that its sat in my garage and the only garage key is here in the South Atlantic with me. I could post it back but it would require someone with an MOD ID to get on camp to get it. Alot of hastle.

Like I say if its not solved by June you can have the M56 and clutch etc for free.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post
    My only problem Carl is that its sat in my garage and the only garage key is here in the South Atlantic with me. I could post it back but it would require someone with an MOD ID to get on camp to get it. Alot of hastle.

Like I say if its not solved by June you can have the M56 and clutch etc for free.
    that is abit of a problem that sorry mate was not thinking and the other thing sorted monday mate

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason850t5 View Post
    So my W reg s70 t5 me7 wouldnt be any help then? I'm breaking it over next couple of weeks and the gear box will only be going to scrappers as I don't have the equipment to remove it.
    yes it will fit, even if the speedo sensor's are different the wiring can be changed about

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    yes it will fit, even if the speedo sensor's are different the wiring can be changed about
    Well I can provide the box but that's it. Would need someone with right tools to come and remove it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jason850t5 For This Useful Post:

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Jerry I have an M56 you can have for free if you havnt solved it all by June when I return from the Falkland Islands, ill even pop over with the toolbox and help fit it if you need the help. Yes I know you live in France but the oportunity for a trek out to Frog land wouldnt go a miss.
    I am sure you could get a fitting gang together to go out to Metz to sort the job! Even if I can't come, drop by en route and you will get a meal out of me - if not a kipping point.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Isnt Spesh breaking an 850?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That's really kind of you Emlyn, but I'm hoping I can get it sorted before June...
    it's the daily driver (I take Mrs Jel to work every day lol) and don't fancy bussing it for the next few months
    You'd be more than welcome to come over anyway though mate and see the beautiful city/ area where I live!

The car might make it back to UK before the box dies completely; it's 310 miles to the Dunkirk ferry from Metz...I'll be attempting to raise some cash by selling some stuff on ebay to try and fund this
    Sadly, I've sold 7 pretty good guitars in the last few years so only got one decent one left and although I could probably get £1.5k for it, I don't want it to go, because, as and when I do get some more work, I'll need the tools of my trade!

I'll swap this for an operational gearbox, fitted though, in case anyone's interested lol
    Attachment 10255
    Last edited by JelT5; Sunday 20th February 2011 at 07:02.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason850t5 View Post
    Well I can provide the box but that's it. Would need someone with right tools to come and remove it.
    Thanks mate- have to see if anyone volunteers now!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Might help if we knew where jason850t5 lives

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Vikingxl For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Would be happy to assist.Have all the tools etc

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyb1375 For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Sunday 20th February 2011),p fandango (Sunday 20th February 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Jason is in north yorkshire i think

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    i would be happy to help to

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WOODY T5 For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Sunday 20th February 2011),p fandango (Sunday 20th February 2011)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the offers of help guys; it's really very kind- just need an M56 now

Thread Information