Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

850 alarm keyfob

Hi all, i have a 1995 T5 which is missing its keyfob , but the key still opens and closes the car no problems..I would like to get a new keyfob as I want to get the remote central locking working again..the alarm horn has also been unplugged so there may be a problem there.

1-what do these fobs look like?
    2-Are they easy to re-programme?
    3-Has any one got a spare one for sale?

Cheers.
    Got no volvo anymore, just got a Fix Or Repair Daily as a run around....

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    are you sure you've got remote locking to start with? (i haven't it was an optional extra)

i'm not sure what they look like but i know a few people have found remotes on ebay

1999 S70 T5 Auto
    Thanks
    i think it depends what version of Volvo Guard alarm you have - probably best to visit a dealer, get them to check (probably able to do over the phone cos their computer should be able to tell) and get a part number. I've been looking at ebay and seems there are a few versions, a couple look the same as the remote i have for my 850 T5 1995 which looks like this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4561376994
    Current car : 1999 S70 T5
    (+ a widebodied X1/9 & a 2-door Range Rover)

Previous Volvos :1996 850 T-5 Saloon in Blue
    1998 V40 T4
    1986 360 GLT

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango
    are you sure you've got remote locking to start with? (i haven't it was an optional extra)

i'm not sure what they look like but i know a few people have found remotes on ebay
    Im not sure Pedro, its got a dooby hefner thingy mcbob on the middle of the dash with an red LED on , and a horn under the bonnet (disconnected) Its a GLT model...so im not sure what spec the car has standard..I would hope that a car with this spec has remote central locking..then again it has no sunroof, but has aircon instead, which I prefer.

Thanks
    i've got the same thing on my dash as well mate, but my alarm works with the deadlocking on the key (the dash LED starts flashing then)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrill
    Im not sure Pedro, its got a dooby hefner thingy mcbob on the middle of the dash with an red LED on , and a horn under the bonnet (disconnected) Its a GLT model...so im not sure what spec the car has standard..I would hope that a car with this spec has remote central locking..then again it has no sunroof, but has aircon instead, which I prefer.
    Drill man , I had no fobs when i got my car (850 GLT 96) the Alarm on my car is a Volvo Guard 2 . I went to my local main dealers to get this sorted....
    Now the Technical bit...Theres 2 differant serial numbers for the fobs , both look the same (2x1 inch one big button at the top with Lock & Unlock on it , Smaller button in the middle of the fob) but one will programme to the car and one wont so you got to hope that the Dealers have one of each to try .
    If they have both ask if you can try them yourself (they charge about 20 quid to do it.! If you've got a owners manual pictures of the fobs are in it along with details how to programme them really easy to do..! hope this is of help . Let us know how you get on and if you need any more help.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Saffy V70R Auto estate

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i've got the same thing on my dash as well mate, but my alarm works with the deadlocking on the key (the dash LED starts flashing then)

hey PF..cant believe with all the trick sstuff you have in BT that you still lock the car with the keys....wheres your street cred man!!! LOL

This user has no status
    Thanks

dash led

So it may or may not have remote central locking...how do I enable the alarm so the light on the dash works with the deadlocking ..even if I have to use the key!
    My alarm horn has been disconnected as well for some reason, Ive not noticed the light on the dash working, so I presume the alarm has been disconnected ..(fuses?) or a major fault..is there any self test procedure as on the fords?

cheers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Banana
    hey PF..cant believe with all the trick sstuff you have in BT that you still lock the car with the keys....wheres your street cred man!!! LOL
    ah only the Volvo alarm hasn't got remote locking Banana Man, i've also got an aftermarket catergory 1 alarm with all the bells & whistles fitted (& remote locking)
    Last edited by p fandango; Sunday 24th July 2005 at 18:32.

Thanks
    So it may or may not have remote central locking...how do I enable the alarm so the light on the dash works with the deadlocking ..even if I have to use the key!
    My alarm horn has been disconnected as well for some reason, Ive not noticed the light on the dash working, so I presume the alarm has been disconnected ..(fuses?) or a major fault..is there any self test procedure as on the fords?
    it just automatically comes on with the deadlocking on mine, turn the key to the left to lock the doors, then turn it a bit more & you should hear another clunk as the deadlocking cuts in

i've no idea on fault finding on them, sorry mate

This user has no status

Thanks
    on my old 850, 96 n reg, X-police i had no fob with mine either. Tried doing alsorts with the keys but all i could do was lock it ,(( if i had the window down then i couldnt open it from the inside whilst the car was locked ))

However, I had the flashing L.E.D, on my dash, but no indicator flash to say that the cars locked, nor was my alarm conected, black thing ( by the bulk head)

rang up volvo They said if the dash LED doent flash then the systems deactivated, and i need the fob to reactivate, So £60 later & Programing i had one and reconected the alarm and all fine and danndie

they also said If the Led flashes & locks then it doesnt need no fob.

However dude, i would ring them up give them ur vehicle REG and ask them to do a spec list - from factory for what ur baby should have. At this point u could always ask them about the juddering also + see if u can use a fob with it, pending if its got a Reciever.

Keyz. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    so going by that then Keyholder, if the LED flashes when you deadlock the car with the key you haven't got remote locking or have i got it wrong?

This user has no status

Thanks
    think thats right fella Thats what volvo said to me .

if u lock the car with key & If the LED flashes then the alarm is activated.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    so going by that then Keyholder, if the LED flashes when you deadlock the car with the key you haven't got remote locking or have i got it wrong?
    I Should have said before , I could only lock and deadlock the car with the keys before i got a fob , the flashing LED and Alarm only worked when i got a fob and programmed it..! so now when you use the fob it ...
    Locks and Deadlocks , LED starts flashing ,and Alarm sets with 2 flash's of the Indicaters..job done.!
    Saffy V70R Auto estate

This user has no status
    Thanks

factory alarm

Just been out to the car and tryed the deadlocking trick Pedro said about, the key turned to the left a bit more and made a clunking noise..deadlocked.
    Tryed with the window down and you cant open the door from the inside..not noticed a flashing light on the dash tho..had a look in the service book in the glove box and it has all the info from volvo for an instruction manual for The volvo theft alarm (volvo guard) So I recon If I get a fob it should work as it looks like its in (service position) with the alarm disconnected.

Thanks for all the replies Guys.

This user has no status
    Thanks

keyfob

Just been given a keyfob from a 960 volvo estate, which has been tested and works fine...Tryed to programme it to my car with no luck
    using the ignition on off 5x method, is there any other way of telling if my alarm has been disabled, as my led on the dash has never lit up, also my alarm horn has been disconnected..(maybe due to a faulty pin switch in the passenger door causing the courtesy light to stay on sometimes and when going over bumps)

Are there any specific things to check to see if the alarm system is complete?
    or if this remote is compatible with my car..its the two button remote with LOCK/UNLOCK at the top and a smaller button in the middle of it.

CHEERS.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sounds like you've got the wrong frequency in the fob..Thats if the Alarm system is all alright and working ! I'd pop into the Dealers if i was you like i did , they should be able to tell you what Serial No fob you need.
    Saffy V70R Auto estate

This user has no status
    Thanks

alarm fob

Ive been looking under the dash for the alarm relay box..cant find it..What I have found is a blank relay socket with two wires and a fuse joining them together..remove the fuse and the car will not crank on the starter...its on the O/S in the corner near the steering column.

If its the immobilizer/alarm relay thats missing..this may be my problem...has any one got one of these spare, also what do they look like?

Cheers.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I managed to rob a key-fob from a breakers yard but it wouldn't code to my 96' 855 ! Managed to trade it with someone on ebay who had the same problem but results were exactly the same ! If anyone on here wants to trade their key-fob which won't code to their car I'd be more than happy to give it a try.
    Mine looks like this

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was told by Volvo that there are two serial numbers for Fobs on the 850 , one will programme one wont . Sounds simple , but the serial number is on the back of the fob and with use it wears off , so in the end you dont know which one you need.! the No on mine is 9442981.
    Saffy V70R Auto estate

Thread Information