Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Intercooler Trouble

Picture the scene, Wednesday night coming home from work in the S70R running 18psi, came upon a short straight behind an artic, nothing comming the other way so i dropped to third and went for it , engine singing- exhaust howling- dump valve chuffing then ££££ me something went bang and the engine died still in the wrong lane beside the artic
    Luckily i was still carying enough speed to freewheel past the truck. after the walk home and getting the old man to come and tow the car i found that the bottom had come off the intercooler, I found someone in a mag who will weld on polished alloy end caps instead o the plastic crimped on things for £150 has anyone else had intercoolers coming apart?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's not very common, but a few cars do have intercooler trouble, even newish cars, and even when standard.

Adam.

Thread Information