Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

barometric thingy mabobby?

hi all,

ive been a lurker for a while but owned 3 volvos over the years (cant help drifting back every time)

98 s70 t5 manual
    96 850 2.5 auto
    98 v70 t5 manual

the thing is though, the latest one was more of a fixer upper, its got a fair bit of work that needs doing (cameron on here wil back me up on this one as he has looked over it for me and agreed on the faults that are there)

the breather kit has been done, many thanks to rufe for the parts.
    so this slowed down the rear main seal leak.

there are a couple of management issues, boost control solenoid fault, meaning very slow spool up then wild boost when it got there, my electronic stepper motor gauge showed over 20 psi of boost on one outing, i know the ecu should have caught that earlier but it didnt? (has hit boost cut before though)

so an mbc has ironed that one out for now, and what a difference! boost from 2000 rpm and a solid wall of torque all the way to redline,

but there was also a code thrown up for the ambient barometric pressure sensor in the engine bay just behind the drivers headlght, so that brings me (long windedly i know) to my question,

what is it for and how can i bybass or fool it into clearing the fault?

ive found replacements on e-thingy for about 60 quid,and even struggled finding one through work (at a motorfactors) but due to my missus's stroke, im on very limited funds at the moment, so a cheap (free would be great) fix to clear the mil light is needed.

sorry for the massive post for a small question but when i get talking about volvos i cant help myself, i just think theyre great!

cheers, james
    if it aint broke....... i can soon sort that out!

facebook me James Reygan, ill be your friend

1998 v70 t5 cd, mbc, boost gauge, cone filter, forge dv blank, lead foot.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've got the same problem on my v70, had a main dealer read the fault code. and told me its for when your driving high up in the mountains and is not needed in this country, but is part of the emissions system. They wanted £150 to fit a new one but told me to save my money as they have fitted a couple to different cars and can not get the light to go out. Not sure if there is a way to by pass it.
    Volvo v70 tdi, eibach springs, bilstein shocks. 18" jade r alloys, remap soon. Will have another t5 one day.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Send me the part number on your BCS and I will see if one of the 3 spares I have here is right for it

Though if you have fixed with MBC for now... not a priority I know!
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Still annoyed that I binned the barometric sensor off my old car. Typical... you have it kicking around for years, then the month after it goes to the tip, someone needs it!!!

Suggest you try a breakers eg Salvogroup or Braydon Motor Company.

Good luck.
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi mate,

ta for the reply, at the moment its more than enough fun with the mbc!
    dont worry about the sensor, siamblue has one, just need to raise the cash at the mo.

thanks again

james

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leo77 View Post
    I've got the same problem on my v70, had a main dealer read the fault code. and told me its for when your driving high up in the mountains and is not needed in this country, but is part of the emissions system. They wanted £150 to fit a new one but told me to save my money as they have fitted a couple to different cars and can not get the light to go out. Not sure if there is a way to by pass it.
    hi, its not an mot fail unless the emissions are up the wall,
    im just worried ill miss a new fault coz the light is on all the time.

James

Thread Information