Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Back in Black (T4)!

Some pics of the car after a couple of minor jobs today - carbon fibred the small area of rust at the usual bit at the foot of the rear arch around the door, and did same for the wheel centres. A wash and a dry, and here it is.

Looking to keep it as a project - company car coming next week as part of new job, so I have the luxury of being able to do bits and pieces, and not have to have the car up and running to use. Makes life easier, and allows for more major work.....!!!!

Cheers
    Back in Black (T4)

This user has no status

Thanks
    looks great..have you thought about getting plain black mesh grill?? the real sleeper look? got 1 on mine if u wanna take a look

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I'm liking that, a lot!!

You must take it to a 1/4mile sometime and keep us updated with what you do to it.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    a better pic

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phelpsy-t4 View Post
    looks great..have you thought about getting plain black mesh grill?? the real sleeper look? got 1 on mine if u wanna take a look
    I like the egg crate grille tbh, but fire up a pic by all means! My focus is going to be more on performance rather than looks, though I am going to change to smoked marker lights...!

Cheers
    Back in Black (T4)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
    I like the egg crate grille tbh, but fire up a pic by all means! My focus is going to be more on performance rather than looks, though I am going to change to smoked marker lights...!

Cheers
    A small but worthwhile asthetic mod, imo.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    fair ehough. where did you get your induction kit? im thinking of getting 1 as i have orginal air box with ing panel atm. make much sound difference?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phelpsy-t4 View Post
    fair ehough. where did you get your induction kit? im thinking of getting 1 as i have orginal air box with ing panel atm. make much sound difference?
    Not sure as it was on car as I got it... On my past T4's, I've fitted k and n cone kit though if I was doing it from scratch again, would probably go for an enclosed intake system like the CDA setup.

The cone does make more noise that is for sure, but nothing in comparison to say a dumpvalve...!
    Back in Black (T4)

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Not sure as it was on car as I got it... On my past T4's, I've fitted k and n cone kit though if I was doing it from scratch again, would probably go for an enclosed intake system like the CDA setup.

The cone does make more noise that is for sure, but nothing in comparison to say a dumpvalve...!
    You'd be surprised how loud a bmc cda is when its got an aluminium cold air feed, not as loud as a dv but deeper. Put it this way, my mates could here mine when they were driving alongside me!

This user has no status

Thanks
    il have a shop around then,,not bak in country for another 6 weeks so got plenty time! you got n e more plans for the near future?

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Very nice Motor Grant Make a great wee project - looking forward to catching up once the meetings start up again

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    Very nice Motor Grant Make a great wee project - looking forward to catching up once the meetings start up again
    Hopefully make it back up the road at weekends and be able to make meets - start new job on Tuesday this week and going to be away Mondays to Fridays after that. Depending how things go, may look to move nearer to the factory, even though I'll be travelling a lot again....!
    Back in Black (T4)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Hopefully make it back up the road at weekends and be able to make meets - start new job on Tuesday this week and going to be away Mondays to Fridays after that. Depending how things go, may look to move nearer to the factory, even though I'll be travelling a lot again....!
    Awesome, good luck with your new job!

Did you say you had a company car too... what is it, anything exciting?

If you're using the T4... will save you a fair bit in petrol in comparison to a T5

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    Awesome, good luck with your new job!

Did you say you had a company car too... what is it, anything exciting?

If you're using the T4... will save you a fair bit in petrol in comparison to a T5
    Cheers. Yep, getting a car this week, not entirely sure what yet, for a number of reasons...!! Currently, T4 probably about same as the T5 for mpg, due to rear lambda sensor issue...

It'll be a blessing to get back to circuit boards and away from tree cutting!
    Back in Black (T4)

This user has no status
    Thanks

Some more pics from today

As above. If I can get the IC piping to stop blowing itself apart too, it will be a start......!
    Back in Black (T4)

Thread Information