Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVO RRR View Post
    Thanks Lee.I`ll be changing the fluid on Wednesday this week.Changing the fluid is easy.Take off bottom hose from tank,run engine for 10,15 seconds to let the pump pump it out and then refill and bleed out the air.
    Just as a footnote,the fluid/oil I got from Volvo is GREEN.

I`ll let you know how it goes.

Steve
    Green? I will check on that, sounds like they gave you the wrong type of fluid.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Rufe will have your stuff delivered to your door faster that AC will have it in there store,due to there location.
    Believe me been there done that and bought the tee shirt.
    Dealerships dont always use maker products ie oils
    Did you get the codes read and cleared?.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Err, No. I have a manual and i didn't have to remove any part of the dash to change mine! LOL, what are you doing man? The SCM are fitted in the same place across the range, held on by a very strong metal retaining clip. They are a bitch to get to but you don't have to go to the extremes of removing the clutch mech or any other part of the dash other than what i told you originally....the drivers side lower dash panel above the pedals - held up by two torques screws. Yes i cut my hand and yes i too was on my back for about 10 minutes but thats it.

Don't take this the wrong way but are you sure your son knows what he's doing?
    yeah taking out the dash was a waste of time but its not easy.the scm is still not secured so its not right.Its going in to AC on Thursday but they dont know how to do it either.they`ve quoted me an hours labour so I`ll see how it goes.
    As for my son he is Volvo trained but has never done one before.He`s a great mechanic and changed the angle gear components a few years ago,the cambelt,brakes,headlight gubbins so he knows his stuff.
    I didnt do anything with the scm so I cant say how difficult the job is but hes had 2 attempts and cant secure the spring clip.Hes been very ill lately and has lost an awful lot of weight and muscle but,bless him,he done his best.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Rufe will have your stuff delivered to your door faster that AC will have it in there store,due to there location.
    Believe me been there done that and bought the tee shirt.
    Dealerships dont always use maker products ie oils
    Did you get the codes read and cleared?.
    I hear you on Rufe but I was just a bit
    fed up with this latest problem and wanted it sorted.
    The PS fluid was in a Volvo bottle so is the right one.My son said it should be green too.
    The car is in AC on Thursday for the scm so I`m hoping they clear the code at the same time.They charge £45 + Vat so I`m hoping they`ll do it as a `goodwill` gesture.Some chance!!
    Steve

This user has no status

Thanks
    OK.Car was in at Arnolds today for the SCM to be secured.Apparently theres a panel inside the engine bay which is where you locate the CEM.The SCM was secured in another port and rewired so all is well with that
    Anyway steering was still not right so they checked everything and found the universal joint on the steering arm has seized.Thank """"!

She goes in next Thursday for a new UJ at a total cost of £173 so not too bad.

i thought it was the rack and was basically ****ting myself waiting for the diagnosis.
    Airbag fault code was cleared free of charge so overall I had a good experience at Arnolds.

Steve

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you can get to the uj spray it with some light grade oil or even wd40 and exersise the steering , that might cure your fault

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jay30h View Post
    If you can get to the uj spray it with some light grade oil or even wd40 and exersise the steering , that might cure your fault
    Thanks for that Jay.I`ve decided to get it fixed once and for all It`s the steering and Its an R so I dont want to compromise.Besides they said its seized and requires a new one.There was no pressure on me but I am regularly well over the ton in this thing so I need it changed for my own piece of mind.

Once this is done and the reversing light switch changed shes perfect.

Steve
    Last edited by STEVO RRR; Saturday 19th February 2011 at 20:16.

This user has no status
    Thanks

i cant recall the set up of this model but if it has a column uj that is tight or starting to sieze then that will impare the steering and make it heavier.
    does it feel notchy or rough to turn...
    if you can see a uj on it then maybe a squirt of wd40 might improve it and prove the problem,.
    T5 STEALTH

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/album.php?albumid=21 AND A MERCURY CAPRI
    RIP alan (kyebosh)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 stealth View Post
    i cant recall the set up of this model but if it has a column uj that is tight or starting to sieze then that will impare the steering and make it heavier.
    does it feel notchy or rough to turn...
    if you can see a uj on it then maybe a squirt of wd40 might improve it and prove the problem,.
    It was very notchy,rough,heavy and generally horrible.Car was in at Arnolds today,steering coupling was changed and everything is so sweet and ssmmoootthh.It feels like a different car.

Steve.

Thread Information