LO all ,

Remembering I have only ever jacked a car up with a scissor jack and changed a wheel, thus the points are in front of you in Black and White

I have my trolley jack but see that it hads a castle like top. Looking to jack the front of the V70 up and put two 'axle stands in place'
( to do front brakes) I looked under the car and the only solid piece of car I see is the cross member which had a couple of holes which are recessed near the centre. There is nowhere for the 'castle top' on the trolley jack to fit in any little slots so the whole weight (and grip) of the car would be on the top lips of the 'ramparts' and that didn't look right to me. Also the jack seems to try and come foreward as i lift.

First question, is this the corrct place to jack the front up please and do you as i have red on the web put a piece of rubber or similar on the top of our trolley jack for grip or is this not necessary.

2nd part, I always assumed 'axle stands' are just that but on looking under the car of course there isn't anything as solid as a 'front axle' and reading on the web I see people now call them 'jack stands'

Where do 'you' put the jack stands on your V70 please, Google reveals some very strange and varied answers.

Not a great start for my first fixing session I know.

Regards Mas