Join Today
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    So who won what. Who was the quickest and fastest of the weekend then. Did you enjoy the day. All valuable feedback welcome please.
    First time for me, and all in all I realy enjoyed it, just got to improve my launch, and maby take everything out of the back of the car, can i ask if the chap refilling the nitrous is there every meet?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    I was very surprised at how quiet it was in general, wish i had my car ready as you could race with only a few minutes wait, however the weather got the better of us again.

I think our big meet at Avon is going to be 12th June this year with hopefully a good turn out.

Cheers
    yes that will be a good meet and our cars will be ready for that 1 to get the best time we can after the york meet because that meet will be test and tune but at avon the cars will have been run and we would of got used to the way they drive.i think the volvos will be upsetting alot of other brands on the 12th and i think the will be a new leader on the quater mile board.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    First time for me, and all in all I realy enjoyed it, just got to improve my launch, and maby take everything out of the back of the car, can i ask if the chap refilling the nitrous is there every meet?
    yes he is mate and im glad you enjoyed it see you at somemore meets mate

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    yes he is mate and im glad you enjoyed it see you at somemore meets mate
    deffo, I'll take it a bit more seriously next time, and put a bit of gas through it
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    yes that will be a good meet and our cars will be ready for that 1 to get the best time we can after the york meet because that meet will be test and tune but at avon the cars will have been run and we would of got used to the way they drive.i think the volvos will be upsetting alot of other brands on the 12th and i think the will be a new leader on the quater mile board.
    yeah meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!???????????

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leighkaicraigmia View Post
    yeah meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!???????????
    all i have to say is we will see the is alot of competition out there mate

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    So who won what. Who was the quickest and fastest of the weekend then. Did you enjoy the day. All valuable feedback welcome please.
    Good day again, apart from the dodgy english weather ending it early.
    They should be more runners next time as we have a few people who's cars are off the road at the min having a few things done.
    It was day of running problems for a couple of us, so a bit of a benchmark to see what needs doing and stuff.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    My car is nearly ready. I just need to get hold of a very busy Swedish tuning guy - tuning 11 year old C70s is not high on his list of priorities & sort out the gearbox (short shift plate is going in the bin).

It appears that I was labouring under a misapprehension. There is a torque limiter but it is not based on each gear. Single map = single torque limiter.

I am hoping that someone can help me with my tired brain to understand how that would explain my losing to Ed. I am not short on power - that's for certain. 15 dead at 103 has never been equalled AFAIK.

Hamish reckons he can get a 13 out of the C70 as is. I feel a wager coming on.
    Last edited by Wobbly Dave; Monday 4th April 2011 at 21:58.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    My car is nearly ready. I just need to get hold of a very busy Swedish tuning guy - tuning 11 year old C70s is not high on his list of priorities & sort out the gearbox (short shift plate is going in the bin).

It appears that I was labouring under a misapprehension. There is a torque limiter but it is not based on each gear. Single map = single torque limiter.

I am hoping that someone can help me with my tired brain to understand how that would explain my losing to Ed. I am not short on power - that's for certain. 15 dead at 103 has never been equalled AFAIK.

was that a Sconeman shift plate? if so whats up with it?

although i wasn't there sunday, from past meets the starts have been your let down, you need more revs & with the LSD should be able to load up the front with quite a high rpm now

This user has no status
    Thanks

i feel hamish has no chance of getting a 13 out of your car unless he does something about the map because the car could be 18yrs old by the time he finishes the map.now im not saying the is not a 13 in the car because the is but not with that map in my opinion whatever that is worth lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    was that a Sconeman shift plate? if so whats up with it?

although i wasn't there sunday, from past meets the starts have been your let down, you need more revs & with the LSD should be able to load up the front with quite a high rpm now
    dave did and he was spinning the front wheels i watched him but he has nothing till he gets into 3rd

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Monday 4th April 2011)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    went to 4K. As far as the sconeman plate goes - I like the short throw but with the newly refurbished gearbox issues (long story) I am facing - I am not currently using it.

Gearbox is almost certainly coming off again. I don't want to go into gory detail because it is an ongoing issue & it is unfair to start putting up my grievences/issues before the involved parties have had chance to resolve them. just enough to say that the lack of mechanical leverage provided by the plate due to the shortening of the distance between the lever & the fulcrum is making it difficult to engage the gears properly. This is no disrespect to Sconeman or his products. It is just how it has to be for now.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wobbly Dave For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Monday 4th April 2011)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    i feel hamish has no chance of getting a 13 out of your car unless he does something about the map because the car could be 18yrs old by the time he finishes the map.now im not saying the is not a 13 in the car because the is but not with that map in my opinion whatever that is worth lol
    To give Hamish his dues - it has nothing to do with him. He is not providing the map as such. The guy involved in the process is in high demand & also based in Sweden - so if I want his help I need to be patient. Having had 4 previous custom maps (of which I believe this is the most efficient use of the 19T) I am certain it will be worth the wait. Just may not be ready for York??

I am as you can tell a little frustrated with gearbox issues & am eager to see this map completed.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

This user has no status
    Thanks
    To give Hamish his dues - it has nothing to do with him. He is not providing the map as such. The guy involved in the process is in high demand & also based in Sweden - so if I want his help I need to be patient. Having had 4 previous custom maps (of which I believe this is the most efficient use of the 19T) I am certain it will be worth the wait. Just may not be ready for York??

I am as you can tell a little frustrated with gearbox issues & am eager to see this map completed.
    we are all eager to see you break the 13s like my old tech 940 lol.its not you this time mate its the car

17. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

Wobbly Dave (Monday 4th April 2011)

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Sorry we couldn't be there, maybe later in the year when we have a bit more money, the gearbox hit the finances hard. But I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcine_Aviator View Post
    Sorry we couldn't be there, maybe later in the year when we have a bit more money, the gearbox hit the finances hard. But I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves
    try and make the 12th june mate should be a good meet

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Can't promise but I'll see what we can do.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    Cant wait to come along again, last time I went I was in my S4 I did a 14.0 @ 99.97 MPH and she wasnt on top form, unfortunatly I never ran her again. What amazed me though was seeing a 57 plate M5 7 speed running 15s with one high 14 but it was doing 110-115 mph terminals.
    I hope to have my V50 running better and mapped for the next one but to be honest I will be pleased to get a low 15 and 95+ out of her cos at the moment I reckon she would run a 16 @ 88!
    2004 V50 T5 SE

Thread Information