Join Today

Thread: V70R values

T5R'ing
    Thanks

V70R values

Hi
    I placed a for sale ad on ebay for my V70R (also on this site), was after £4500, but as it's high miles (217k) was this too high a figure? Should I have said £4k and be done with it? Just can't gauge values these days.
    Any help would be good.
    Many thanks
    AG

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy G
    Hi
    I placed a for sale ad on ebay for my V70R (also on this site), was after £4500, but as it's high miles (217k) was this too high a figure? Should I have said £4k and be done with it? Just can't gauge values these days.
    Any help would be good.
    Many thanks
    AG
    Market seems dead with a lot of cars these days, went to auctions today theres a shed load of Mercs awaiting sale, one of them was a 54 plate Merc SL 65 V12 BiTurbo, yes £100'000 worth.

This user has no status

Thanks
    The market does seem incredibly quiet at the moment and values dont seem to be at their best either. A few months ago an S70 T5 on an R reg would have gone for around the 3.5k mark, however, the last 2 on ebay went for 2.2k and 2.8k!!!

You have have to stick it on with no reserve if you need to get rid fairly quickly.

x

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    Agreed I did a valuation on Andreas 854 with low miles top book retail was £3700 looked again 2 months later and its £3100.
    I dread to think what my V70s worth now 1 year ago £6500 with 127k now done 147k, just as well Im keeping her!
    2004 V50 T5 SE

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yet I'm looking at S60R's and a few months ago there were a few around £16 and £17k....now they are all £22k and above....

Car prices do my head in. I always pay top dollar and sell at bottom book!! Argh! My P2 is a year old now and I paid £15k...I reackon I would struggle to get £10k for it...although I want £12K...Boo hoo!
    Ex-V70 T5 P2 Owner, and loved it!

Audi A4 2.0T - 220 BHP, Daytime
    Skyline R33 GTR - 400 BHP, Playtime!!

Andrew
    This user has no status
    The problem is everyone are doing good deals on brand new cars, fewer people are looking for big thirsty second hand cars. The petrol price doesn't help, high mileage doesn't help as only few people know what these cars can do if looked after. My Jag which had only done 55k took 5 months to sell and a reduction of 1500 in price for the lowest book price at the time and it had loads of extras.

Tis crazy!

T5R'ing
    Thanks
    cheers for the replies guys, it was bid up to £3700 the other night, but didn't sell as I need around the £4k mark, however I will get the little things sorted now and try again in a few weeks time, unfortunatley it won't get used from now till then, as we will be away for a time (or I will be at least).
    I'll stick it on at £4k buy it now type of thing and see what that generates!
    Perhaps I should have taken the £3700?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Its still a lot of car for your money @ 4k. However, sometimes you may need to take an offer of slightly less if you need it gone.

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    The car market changes weekly its weird, I keep checking the glass's guide for the used prices on my 200sx, a few months ago the price dropped £50 in a month then last month it dropped about £400!

As mentioned the used market especially for thirsty petrol cars is pretty much gone, most people have points on their liscences now and dont want anymore.

Also as mentioned the deals on new cars are really good at the moment, on a £19995 S60 2.0T we are doing deals where you get a £3000 deposit paid by Volvo so the discounts are huge at the minute.

S60 R prices im monitoring every month as obviously im after one myself, the 40k miles ones are below 20k and the ones that appear in non main dealers are around that but go very quick!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by After_Shock
    S60 R prices im monitoring every month as obviously im after one myself, the 40k miles ones are below 20k and the ones that appear in non main dealers are around that but go very quick!
    Keep me posted as well....I'm looking
    Ex-V70 T5 P2 Owner, and loved it!

Audi A4 2.0T - 220 BHP, Daytime
    Skyline R33 GTR - 400 BHP, Playtime!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    What colour and spec you after?

I think were getting a black one traded in shortly but no idea what price its coming in at!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just found this one at one of the other branches in the group that I work for:

http://www.volvoselectedusedcars.com/control.cfm

Gonna have to find out how much I can get it for out of curiosity.

Thread Information