Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

No Cruise control v70 2.5t CD Auto

Hi all,
    Tried to engage cruise , just not happening.
    Is there a display to indicate its on, if so where please.
    Any Ideas as to what to try to get it to work .....thanks Kim

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi there is every thing else working ok like abs,traction control,speedo..any warning lights on the dash ...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for this , all dash lights seem to light up on ignition then all go out when started. traction control switch lights up on dash when stitched on. No warning lights when running. Is there/ where is the cruise engaged light shown, thanks Kim

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Are you engaging it above 30 mph? Looki at the manual and follow instructions. Usually a relay or else the little vacumn unit that sits under the battery tray. Volvo breakers sell a working 'repair kit' of those two parts for about £15 - 20. Vac hoses may need replacing but that (like the rest of the possibilities) should be a simple plug and play (well, grunt, curse, cut your hand, get filthy, wish you had never started the job and trip over the cat before it's done) fix.
    On 850 there is no Cruise light - doubt V70 has one. To be honest, I have never owned an 850 that c/c worked on without needing a fix - not the strongest point of design, but then I don't think anything on your average Vauxhall works at all after about eight years, so Volvo do OK.
    Last edited by Flatout Phil; Monday 13th December 2010 at 08:01.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

kim (Monday 13th December 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Thanks Phil ,tried again today, got it to engage once about 35mph tried to up and down the speed was having non of it, then it would not take again.
    Had this problem in my mondeo that was the foot brake switch, twist and turn out/new in ,it worked....I will have a fiddle if its not too cold....re-word
    Check out the haynes when it arives with a cup of tea and a ciggie.

Thanks Kim

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kim View Post
    Thanks Phil ,tried again today, got it to engage once about 35mph tried to up and down the speed was having non of it, then it would not take again.
    Had this problem in my mondeo that was the foot brake switch, twist and turn out/new in ,it worked....I will have a fiddle if its not too cold....re-word
    Check out the haynes when it arives with a cup of tea and a ciggie.

Thanks Kim
    I think we should do a poll on this forum of people who have working cruise control

Search through old posts or check Matthews Volvo Site - there is BOUND to be a thread on the subject. There is this one - but all a bit vague but does have a link to a diagnostics table.
    http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...hp?f=1&t=18585
    Last edited by Flatout Phil; Monday 13th December 2010 at 17:30.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

kim (Monday 13th December 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks Phil thats the business.......plenty to check will post when/if I find a cure Kim

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cruise works fine on my 96' 850 but I don't use the damn thing because it fecks up the fuel economy too much !
    Old Car: 855 T5 in Grey and rust (dead and gone, well, most of it !
    Missus' ride: Citroen C4 coupe 1.6 HDi,
    Modifications: Nowt.....yet !
    Daily driver: 855 R in Black,
    Currently nursing a blown head gasket, new engine on its way !
    Recent addition: Freshly imported Honda Stepwagon,
    Slowly turning into a camper van !

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Same problem on my mates 1999 C70, but has ETM (has cruise light on the dash) so I think it all works electronically not like the old fashion system, unless anyone can tell me different..........

Cheers,

John.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cruise works fine on my '97 S70 2.5T auto. Rarely able to use it on UK motorways during the day because of congestion. In France I use it all the time.
    Also I managed 36 MPG on cruise set to 70mph coming South from Sheffield late at night when the motorway was dead. This was just after my RICA remap. Prior to the remap I the best I got was 28mpg. Never got anywhere near 36mpg since though
    1997 Volvo S70 2.5T CD. RICA 235 remap. Volvo front strut brace. Late C70 clear headlights, indicators and grille. HID bulb upgrade. Columba 16" wheels.

Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember this:
    Amateurs..............built the Ark!
    Professionals........built the Titanic!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    How about this then , contacted the last owner after bells of Northampton very kindly Posted me the full service history of the cars whole life,as they supplied and fully maintained the car to date.

Saw a bill for a lot of money 2 years ago for trying to find the cruise fault. It was not completed as they wanted to take the whole dash out to research further!! So the old owner told me , yes the cruise dose work... switch on.. get to desired speed and press the negative button not positive IT works. Whats all that about then??????

Might buy off flea bay a stalk and see , Kim

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Have now bought a secondhand stalk off ebay £ 12 just fitted it .......JOB DONE cruise works a treat , sometimes its the simple things, Kim

Thread Information