Join Today

Thread: Bsr

This user has no status

Thanks

Bsr

Hi,

I'm consdering buying myself a BSR exhaust and opti flow air filter for my 2002 V40 T4.

Does anyone have any experience with these and are they any good? Would I be better with a custom exhaust?

I've got a K&N panel filter already will the BSR opti filter make a difference or is it a waste of money?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers Folks

Harry

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I've got a BSR Stainless Steel Exhaust (not the same one as you mind you.)

Decent quality but Identical to some other brands (just with BSR stamped on the side) so you may want to check you're not paying more (it was quite pricey) for the same thing.

If it's new... you may be better off getting a custom stainless steel one made up cost wise - and you can spec it how you want.

I found the standard BSR one fairly quiet (just a bit more throaty than standard) got the middlebox removed to raise the tone a bit.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Depending on how good the k&N panel filters are (and if its in good condition) i doubt you'll get any extra with the bsr optiflow. But it will look good and sound good to, depends if you want to spend money on looks and sound.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have the BSR kit on my V40 and its pretty loud combined with my exhaust (3" turbo back).

Its quite expensive though and would recommend looking into the Euro Sport Tuning one which is essentially the same (actually looks like it has a better heat shield).
    2003 V40 2.0T Sport Lux

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers guys,

T4 fly is your exhaust de cat? if it is does it cause any probs with the engine management light?
    I've emailed eurosport tuning and asked about the cost of shipping, to see if it works out cheaper.
    Going to get a quote at local custom exhaust place tomorrow, I'll get prices for cat back and turbo back.

One more question a local garage is doing re maps for £200, is this ok or a bit dodgy?

Cheers again guys

Harry

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I had a de-cat on my t4 and yes it did bring up the emissions light, but ( and i have no idea what exactly they did), i took it to a main dealer to get an airbag light sorted and when they had done, the emissions light had gone out.
    They said they had adjusted the settings to compensate for the de-cat????
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T4 View Post
    Cheers guys,

T4 fly is your exhaust de cat? if it is does it cause any probs with the engine management light?
    I've emailed eurosport tuning and asked about the cost of shipping, to see if it works out cheaper.
    Going to get a quote at local custom exhaust place tomorrow, I'll get prices for cat back and turbo back.

One more question a local garage is doing re maps for £200, is this ok or a bit dodgy?

Cheers again guys

Harry
    Yip straight through, no cat and one silencer. No probs with the Engine light.
    2003 V40 2.0T Sport Lux

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T4FLY View Post
    Yip straight through, no cat and one silencer. No probs with the Engine light.
    I've just seen you're in Glasgow.

Are you familiar with 'the garage'

www.the-garage.co.uk 01698 265303

guy called Marc runs it - he has a 370bhp S40 T4 and is the font of all tuning knowledge for them, really superb guy too with a genuine passion for cars.

They could probably recommend the best exhaust and/or where to get a custom one.

Bexx works on reception, give em a call - tell em Ben gave you their number I'm sure he'd help you out.

I take my car there for all the major stuff only place I feel completely happy taking mine.
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Monday 13th December 2010 at 01:33.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    I've just seen you're in Glasgow.

Are you familiar with 'the garage'

www.the-garage.co.uk 01698 265303

guy called Marc runs it - he has a 370bhp S40 T4 and is the font of all tuning knowledge for them, really superb guy too with a genuine passion for cars.

They could probably recommend the best exhaust and/or where to get a custom one.

Bexx works on reception, give em a call - tell em Ben gave you their number I'm sure he'd help you out.

I take my car there for all the major stuff only place I feel completely happy taking mine.
    Hey mate,

Yeh the garage have the experience with building high spec T4s, no other place in Scotland have that. Your S40 will be loked after there. One of the mechanics is from Bearsden and is hes done a fair bit of work on my V40.

Often wondered if that was Bexx on reception lol! Should have really guessed by her car...

Harry T4 if you are looking for a remap, worth a look as Marc at the Garage does bespoke mapping.
    2003 V40 2.0T Sport Lux

Thread Information