Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Volvo 480 Turbo Sports Exhaust

This is my cars latest upgrade, its an exhaust for the 480 Turbo that removes the rear silencer and replaces it with a simple straight through piece of 2" diametre A2 grade stainless steel. It fits straight into the place left by the previous silencer by using one of the previous hanger positions on the left side of the car ( the other right hand hanger isnt need for this ) and the inlet side for the exhaust even slides straight onto the old clamping mechanism, all i needed was a new u-clamp as typically mine broke during removal!

The sections of stainless steel are cut, welded and then polished.

Due to the lack of silencing it gives the car a much sportier noise and allows the engine to release its exhaust gasses quicker. Also being much much lighter than the original it must give a considerable weight reduction.
    It took me 30mins to remove the old silencer and 20mins to fit the new one ( and i have no lifts or air tools all i used was a jack & spanners ) .Because its very easy to remove/re-fit its especially good for when the MOT comes around and it needs to be removed quickly! Its brilliant to as its pretty much the same size and exists out the same place as the old exhaust. Only with a much better exhaust note!
    If you are intersted in buying one of these please contact me.
    £130 inc postage.
    I will soon update this thread with more pictures and videos. Thanks for looking,
    Tom

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    well done mate looks nice

This user has no status
    Thanks
    like i said heres the vid and picsi took of the car, firstly heres a vid of the exhaust i took, the reason for the large amount of smoke is probably becuase it was a very cold day today! and most if it was probably condensation as alot of water comes out the tail pipe at one point! -
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63Zt43O7fY[/ame]
    and heres the pictures of it on the car and how it mounts and fixes -

as you can see from the picture above the end of the tailpipe is very small and stealthy, but personally i bought a chrome tip to go on the end of mine!

thanks for lookin,
    tom

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo-tom View Post
    like i said heres the vid and picsi took of the car, firstly heres a vid of the exhaust i took, the reason for the large amount of smoke is probably becuase it was a very cold day today! and most if it was probably condensation as alot of water comes out the tail pipe at one point! -
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63Zt43O7fY[/ame]
    and heres the pictures of it on the car and how it mounts and fixes -

as you can see from the picture above the end of the tailpipe is very small and stealthy, but personally i bought a chrome tip to go on the end of mine!

thanks for lookin,
    tom
    Hi
    Are you still manufacturing this part and do you send it to France?
    Best regards
    Emmanuel

Thread Information