Join Today

Thread: question>

This user has no status
    Thanks

question>

for the first time this morning,the guage said 0 c,it was freezing,

just a quick question,i travel around alot in my t5,but the biggest journey is 30 miles to work,down a straight dual carriageway,some people were saying you have to cool the turbo down,is that right?

also just to make sure,we are meeting at the bus station at 7.30 on sunday,correct?

cheers

henry

see you in notts
    HENRY aka HENNERS

WAYSIDE TEAM RACING
    COMPETING IN THE MG CHAMPIONSHIP

2004 - ROOKIE CHAMPION

2005 - 3rd IN CHAMPIONSHIP

www.wayside team racing.co.uk

Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMWAYSIDE21
    for the first time this morning,the guage said 0 c,it was freezing,

just a quick question,i travel around alot in my t5,but the biggest journey is 30 miles to work,down a straight dual carriageway,some people were saying you have to cool the turbo down,is that right?

also just to make sure,we are meeting at the bus station at 7.30 on sunday,correct?

cheers

henry

see you in notts
    Hi Henry

We will all be there around that time. The Oceon night club has a car park outside, there should be loads of people there in Volvos-

As for turbo cooling, the turbo spins at upto and around 100000rpm and thus gets very hot indeed, fortunatly it is swimming in oil so all the components remain lubricated, however if you turn the car off the oil pump stops and starves the turbo of oil, so if it is hot this can cause damage. My own rule of thumb is take 15-20 mins to warm the car up without making use of the turbo and for cooling i take it easy within a mile of my destination then on arrival leave it on tick over for 10-20 seconds and that should do the trick (Apart from the Cav Chariot which gets a beating from cold all the way till she gets turned off - lol)
    My TWITTER username

This user has no status
    Thanks

thanks

thanks for that,i know what to do now,should make the turbo last longer,hopefully!

see you on sunday.i will be there at about that time.
    HENRY aka HENNERS

WAYSIDE TEAM RACING
    COMPETING IN THE MG CHAMPIONSHIP

2004 - ROOKIE CHAMPION

2005 - 3rd IN CHAMPIONSHIP

www.wayside team racing.co.uk

Thread Information