Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

T5-R recommendations

Hi all

My 94 T5-R is going in tomorrow to get Konis on the front, hopefully this will cure the hard ride, scraping sensations, and poor handling!!

I notice most of you have made mods to your standard 850's but what is there that can be done to a T5-R??

Its already got 17"'s lowewered suspension and mapped ECU from factory I believe..

2 other issues I have is that the Seats arn't that supportive laterally...is there anything that can be done? and the drivers one moved ever so slightly wehn I accelerate or brake...

David

This user has no status

Thanks
    First off

Now we've got that out the way, let the lesson begin.

I notice most of you have made mods to your standard 850's but what is there that can be done to a T5-R??
    All of what you've seen can be done to yours too.

There are only minor changes in mechanics between your T-5R and a T5 resulting in the 15 hp gain to 240 bhp.

First steps to warp factor 9 would be;

ECU upgrade ] (Rica is your best bang for buck) [/U] taking you straight to 304 bhp and 420 Nm of torque

This is usualy accompanied by a "Drop in free flow panel air filter".

And for best results a "Free flow cat-back exhaust" completes stage one

If you were after more you would have to look at upgrading your turbo to the 19T which would require a new Down pipe and re-map resulting in 340hp

There are several suspension components on the marked for the 850 but it sound like your already on the case of that, and at the end of the day its down to driving style / conditions and personal preference which dictates the choice, asking around on what people have got and how they find them is the best option there.

As for the Braking system again there are several options open to you, but from experience the ] (Volvo Tunings) [/U] Brembo / Ferodo package cant be beat on performance and value !

2 other issues I have is that the Seats arn't that supportive laterally...is there anything that can be done? and the drivers one moved ever so slightly when I accelerate or brake...
    I think maybe yours are just suffering from age and unless you are prepared to have them re-conditioned and re-trimmed I think its something you may have to live with.
    But on the case of the movement I would first off check all the mounts and ensure there tight, failing that again its probably due to age / wear and tear.

Hope this has been of some help ?

And if you look in the Knowledge / How to information area you will find several good tips and tricks to make your `R' run even sweeter !

Regards

Steve

P.S. Any questions just ask we're hear to help !
    SAM ECU
    Custom Super 60 18T Turbo With Uprated 300/70 W/G
    Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller
    Blue Injectors
    NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Custom 1 Box 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust
    TurboXS Type R-HFL
    K&N Style Cone Filter With Cold Feed
    87 Deg Stat
    Full Poly Bushed
    Custom 60mm Drop Suspension
    Strut Brace
    18" Shadow Chrome Pegs
    305mm Drilled Brembo's With Ferodo DS Pads
    6000k HID Kit
    Flat Areo Style Wipers

See All The Pics Of SAM Here

This user has no status

Thanks
    How much does a T19 turbo upgrade cost out of intrest.
    Do you have to sell your kids and re mortgage ? or is it reasonable.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts

19T and a remap is about 2K from Volvotuning. 19T's do occasionally come up on ebay - but not that often. 19T will require a new downpipe (and cat) to accomodate the larger opening on the turbine side.

Enjoy the forum
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks Steve, appreciate that...

The Koni's in the front have made a huge difference...fell's much tighter around corners...getting close to my Lotus now!!! The scraping sensation is worn brake disks, apparently they need a skim...i'll do that when I replace the brake pads...either Ferodo as suggested or EBC "Green Stuff" pads. I have also got a worn RF Rackend, I have sourced a used one for less that half the price of a new one, and hopefully installing that will make a difference. I'll put Koni's ionthe back as well...should be fantastic...

Thanks for the links as well...a stage 0 tune up is on the cards, along with the horn move, and the air filter...I may pop in and see Rica when I am in London in March...

I definetly need to do your Black bumper job, as mine is a mess!!! and its sounds like I need a set of recaros in the front to fix the seats!!

Thanks

David

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by david7
    Thanks Steve, appreciate that...

The Koni's in the front have made a huge difference...fell's much tighter around corners...getting close to my Lotus now!!! The scraping sensation is worn brake disks, apparently they need a skim...i'll do that when I replace the brake pads...either Ferodo as suggested or EBC "Green Stuff" pads. I have also got a worn RF Rackend, I have sourced a used one for less that half the price of a new one, and hopefully installing that will make a difference. I'll put Koni's ionthe back as well...should be fantastic...

Thanks for the links as well...a stage 0 tune up is on the cards, along with the horn move, and the air filter...I may pop in and see Rica when I am in London in March...

I definetly need to do your Black bumper job, as mine is a mess!!! and its sounds like I need a set of recaros in the front to fix the seats!!

Thanks

David
    No problem mate glad to help

Glad you found the "Knowledge / How to information" section helpfull

Steve
    SAM ECU
    Custom Super 60 18T Turbo With Uprated 300/70 W/G
    Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller
    Blue Injectors
    NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Custom 1 Box 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust
    TurboXS Type R-HFL