Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Air filter relocation

hi, ive currently got a BSR cone filter with heatshield on my 850R. i was wondering if anyone has relocated their cone filter anywhere else as it still seems to get rather warm from the engine.

i was thinking behind the bumper somewhere? grill next to foglight? anyone got any pics?
    would i lose any performance being a longer hose?
    Last edited by stu_850t5; Wednesday 24th November 2010 at 00:51.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Moose View Post

I have it pretty much spot on now, gargles at idle, quiet cruising and sounds like a jet on boost.

^^^^^^how every 850 should sound!^^^^^^

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    I have the same kit on my car, to be honest none of the cone's really work that effectively. They will all suffer heatsoak where ever they are placed.

According to some literature I once read the volvo airbox is actually an extremely effeective design so couple it with a panel filter and your well on your way.

If you re-locate it your going to have problems keeping it dry and you'll need to extend the pipework drastically which would add more bends and make it less effective. Its swings and roundabouts mate. If I was you I would leave it as is as I think you wont see any gain.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Flying Moose For This Useful Post:

stu_850t5 (Wednesday 24th November 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My Mod, Is currently fitted slighty different to the pic I took last year. Is now connected to just the top of the air box and use that as a heat shield. (Removed the bottom half). C

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mck1 For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Monday 29th November 2010)

Thread Information