Join Today
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 280 310 remap

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    well corrected sir i was wrong on that, still a bit off 50% tho isn't it
    Who said anything about 50%? And what's that got to do with the OP's question?
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    5 guests watching the thread!!! How many of them are mods!?! LOL!

Don't worry, I'll be good. Probably.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

leet5r (Thursday 18th November 2010)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S70T5Chris View Post
    Who said anything about 50%? And what's that got to do with the OP's question?
    your original post implies the 20% loses is purely made up by HLM/VT to get upto the quoted figure, yet here LINK your very own car has a "measured" transmission loss of 55.2%. It may not be directly answering the OP's question, just correcting a reply
    5 guests watching the thread!!! How many of them are mods!?! LOL!
    we do actually get more than 5 people on this forum

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    your original post implies the 20% loses is purely made up by HLM/VT to get upto the quoted figure, yet here LINK your very own car has a "measured" transmission loss of 55.2%. It may not be directly answering the OP's question, just correcting a reply

we do actually get more than 5 people on this forum
    You're really not that switched on are you!! LOL!

YOUR CALCULATIONS ARE NOT CORRECT. YOU TAKE THE PERCENTAGE AWAY FROM THE FLYWHEEL POWER. YOU REALLY ARE STRUGGLING WITH THIS AREN'T YOU?!

In reference to the link you provided to my graph there was a tranmission loss of around 30%, not 50% with your flawed mathmatics.

The twin roller setup on the Maha dyno always produces a far lower WHP rating than a single roller dyno, such as HLM's current RR and the RR they had before that one. I suspect Hamish carefully selected his dyno, based on showing a higher WHP figure than other dynos on the market.

Now if you don't have anything constructive to add, other than trying to have a dig at me, which you have failed at miserably due to your lack of intelligence, I suggest finding another topic to troll on.

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Calm down fellas! Jesus we are getting into another bitching battle again....
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts

YOUR CALCULATIONS ARE NOT CORRECT. YOU TAKE THE PERCENTAGE AWAY FROM THE FLYWHEEL POWER. YOU REALLY ARE STRUGGLING WITH THIS AREN'T YOU?!

In reference to the link you provided to my graph there was a tranmission loss of around 30%, not 50% with your flawed mathmatics.

The twin roller setup on the Maha dyno always produces a far lower WHP rating than a single roller dyno, such as HLM's current RR and the RR they had before that one. I suspect Hamish carefully selected his dyno, based on showing a higher WHP figure than other dynos on the market.

Now if you don't have anything constructive to add, other than trying to have a dig at me, which you have failed at miserably due to your lack of intelligence, I suggest finding another topic to troll on.
    Although your loss isn't 50% its still over 30 and by the looks of it some are getting worse.
    I'm sorry but getting over 30% losses is, to be honest, ludicrous.
    I'v only been to a few dyno days, but have never seen losses that high, be it twin or single rollers.

BTW, sorry for butting in, but i had to comment on those losses.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    redditch nr birmingham the town full of chav s
    Thanks
    my god........a simple question has sparked a few rattled feathers .....

Thanks
    correct again, give yourself 10points. With my old calculations (the wrong way lol) now binned you get 32% transmission loses

I'm sure your right, Hamish must of gone all out of his way to get these certain dyno's, especially when he could quite easily rig the figures by calibrating it wrong (like any dyno can) but that would of been too easy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70ETS View Post
    Calm down fellas! Jesus we are getting into another bitching battle again....
    i'm off to play COD & get an early night anyway now mate

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by si850r View Post
    my god........a simple question has sparked a few rattled feathers .....
    Some questions that can cause arguments.
    Panel filter or cone?
    Which re-map is best?
    Best brake upgrade?
    How much power do you have?
    and anything to do with dynos.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

T4_Al (Saturday 20th November 2010)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts

How can you slate Hamish's Dyno in overreading bhp readings when at the RR day last month most of us were disappointed at our lower than expected results especially me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

T4_Al (Saturday 20th November 2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leighkaicraigmia View Post
    How can you slate Hamish's Dyno in overreading bhp readings when at the RR day last month most of us were disappointed at our lower than expected results especially me
    never let facts get in the way of a good story

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leighkaicraigmia View Post
    LOL. You guys are funny at times.

This user has no status
    redditch nr birmingham the town full of chav s
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Some questions that can cause arguments.
    Panel filter or cone?
    Which re-map is best?
    Best brake upgrade?
    How much power do you have?
    and anything to do with dynos.
    if thats the case just call me instigator ...cause i think ive posted questions about them all

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by si850r View Post
    if thats the case just call me instigator ...cause i think ive posted questions about them all

So have a 100 other people mate that's why the above is getting a bit boring to be honest, but if they could step it up another level and get really abusive i might be bothered to keep reading lol.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 17th November 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    So have a 100 other people mate that's why the above is getting a bit boring to be honest, but if they could step it up another level and get really abusive i might be bothered to keep reading lol.
    Thats can be arranged, but i'm not sure how many warnings I have left?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Wednesday 17th November 2010)

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Thats can be arranged, but i'm not sure how many warnings I have left?
    Better check mate don't what you getting banned, could be a long boring winter and anyway we need you to show at the 1/4miles next year cant wait for you vs p.diddy.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Wednesday 17th November 2010),T4_Al (Saturday 20th November 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    Better check mate don't what you getting banned, could be a long boring winter and anyway we need you to show at the 1/4miles next year cant wait for you vs p.diddy.
    lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    [quote=BruceT;345090]
    Quote Originally Posted by volvolised View Post

Is he not the mechanic who fitted my nearside front suspension spring up side down? Then said it was it because the manufacturers writing was printed on the spring wrongly despite being a progessivly wound springs so the coils would of been closer together at one end anyway?
    Bet he offered to sort it straight away if that was the case..anyways which side of the WAS is your IT going on....???????

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    [quote=volvolised;345239]
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceT View Post

Bet he offered to sort it straight away if that was the case..anyways which side of the WAS is your IT going on....???????
    Very true it all depends on how people sort things out and it obviously shows every one can get things wrong even when it comes down to simple things.
    Also its rather sad and a very cheep shot knocking some one for a wording mistake, why not just keep on the subject.

Thread Information