Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    As you are local i would take a drive down there and talk to the man himself and then make your own mind up as at the end of the day its your decision. There are a lot of people that have done serious hard mileage with an HLM map that are really happy and have no issues and some that havent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vikingxl For This Useful Post:

si850r (Sunday 14th November 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leet5r View Post
    any remap will be better than a standard car , theres good and bad in all aspects of tuning , try and get a go in a remapped car before you make ya mind up m8
    Well put leet5r. Look at a remap in almost any make/model of car and you will find people who have had good experiences, and people who have had bad experiences. In the same way as with a standard car, straight out the showroom, some will have good experiences and love the thing, others won't.

IMO, the only way to get a true comparison of any remap, is to drive at least one with whatever remap(s) are being considered, and compare it to standard. Some like aggressive delivery, low down, others like a smooth even delivery. Like most things, personal preference has a big say in the matter...
    Back in Black (T4)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gmain1967 For This Useful Post:

si850r (Sunday 14th November 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Most people have no issue with HLM standard remaps. Other people hate them. Its horses for courses.... oh and a touchy subject lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've done 55K with HLM Rica280 in my Auto 850t5, no problems. It came in the post, i sent back my standard one. HLM maps are identical to the rica ones i was told, why pay more?
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just my experience.....

I did over 140k with the HLM 310 (the car had 220k when it was sold) and had no problems or issues over the 6-7 years I had it, I often wondered why I didn't get the remap done sooner as it totally changed the drive of the car. Regular servicing is the key to long life with any car but if its got a remap this is even more important.
    The 280 or 310 remaps are not pushing the standard beyond their limits (in my experience) so you should be ok with either.

Custom re-maps are a very different issue.............

For everyone like me there will be somebody else that has issues with a remap, read the posts from the more knowledgeable people on here and then make up your own mind.

Something else to consider depending on the mileage on your car would be a new/recon turbo as they do get tired and this can make a big difference.

I am still in mourning for selling my T5

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TedBovis For This Useful Post:

si850r (Tuesday 16th November 2010)

Thread Information