Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Blue Injectors Going On....

As above

Set of 395cc blue injectors to get fitted this weekend... Complete with new seals, at an eye watering £24, for 10 o rings, smaller than a bloody polo....

Like I said to the parts guy at Clelands, think I'll go into business making the damn things....

More to follow
    Back in Black (T4)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    youch, does make you wonder how they can justify the price for what they are

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    youch, does make you wonder how they can justify the price for what they are
    My exact words to the parts guy were "are you having a f*****g giraffe, it's the seals I want, not the injectors". He smiled. Sheepishly...
    Back in Black (T4)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    are the seals going to be put on for you? cos i found the bottom ones (i think) very tight to get on

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
    My exact words to the parts guy were "are you having a f*****g giraffe, it's the seals I want, not the injectors". He smiled. Sheepishly...

Had the same thing when i ordered 10x exhaust mani washers, £35, for bloody washer's, had to pass in a "polite way" and went to Nads and got them for free.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leighkaicraigmia View Post
    are the seals going to be put on for you? cos i found the bottom ones (i think) very tight to get on
    Ha ha! The bottom ones that go into the double lip indeed are quite tight - there is a knack to doing them I learnt a while ago from mate who used to be a Volvo technician...! Not getting them all hard covered in petrol is a start so injectors done, fuel rail stripped and ready for putting together and refitting hopefully tomorrow (weather permitting, as it is outside...)

Cheers
    Back in Black (T4)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    got rid of my blue ones & got green ones instead
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    got rid of my blue ones & got green ones instead
    I'm currently on standard map and have a feeling that greens may be a tad overkill - lol!
    Back in Black (T4)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    i ran blues at 1.3 bar no probs at all in v70 i had and i also run 4 blues in my 940 turbo at 20 psi fueling perfect

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    I did it because I replaced them all with brand new ones & there was no difference in price
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    the fueling was ok at 1.5 bar 22psi ran 13.67

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    i ran blues at 1.3 bar no probs at all in v70 i had and i also run 4 blues in my 940 turbo at 20 psi fueling perfect
    That's what I want to be hearing - lol!!!
    Back in Black (T4)

This user has no status
    Thanks

Update. Blues off and Whites on Again...

As above.

Disconnected battery, took fuel rail off cleaned everything meticulously, fitted new seals, fitted injectors to fuel rail and refitted everything. Fired it up maybe half a dozen times and then bingo, consistent idle and revved fine if the throttle was pressed.

Took it for a run to see how it performed and it didn't run well. OK at low rpm, but from about 2500rpm above, you could feel it wanting to go, but was hesitating, almost "fluffing". Boost was fine at 15psi as it has been, so nothing untoward there. Tried switching off and on and going again but just the same. After half an hour, decided it better to refit the whites, so stripped everything down and refitted the whites with the new seals. Runs absolutely fine again, no hesitation, nothing.

Any suggestions as to possible cause(s)?
    Back in Black (T4)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    first what turbo you using and you have to let the car learn the new fueling because the blues are larger mate

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    i went from whites to blues recently and had no issues whatsoever sounds like they may need a good cleaning

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    If you don't map for the new injectors there may be issues. I thought the impedence was different between each? My green ones were mapped straight away by ATM. Just a thought - not saying I am right or anything.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The blues flow the same at 3 bar. http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm Check this link for book flow values and impedance. The Blues are a different impedance to whites.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    The blues flow the same at 3 bar. http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm Check this link for book flow values and impedance. The Blues are a different impedance to whites.
    Thanks guys. I knew that the blues are 12 ohms as opposed to 16 ohms for the whites and that some had fitted them and they ran straight away, whilst others have had similar problems to myself.

As regards turbo, it's 16t exactly as the car came with. I drove about 10-15 miles with the blues in and whilst the car never seemed as if it was going to stall or cut out, it just wasn't running cleanly. It has been suggested that the injectors will need longer in the car for everything to get used to the change, anything up to about 75 miles being suggested - would that be reasonable?

If the consensus is that things will settle after a bit, I'll refit and persevere and see how things go. If the injectors were in need of cleaning/servicing, I would have thought that idle would have been rather ropey? If I do refit, I was going to do it with low fuel in the tank, and fire an injector cleaner in as well.

Any further thoughts?

Cheers
    Back in Black (T4)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. I knew that the blues are 12 ohms as opposed to 16 ohms for the whites and that some had fitted them and they ran straight away, whilst others have had similar problems to myself.

As regards turbo, it's 16t exactly as the car came with. I drove about 10-15 miles with the blues in and whilst the car never seemed as if it was going to stall or cut out, it just wasn't running cleanly. It has been suggested that the injectors will need longer in the car for everything to get used to the change, anything up to about 75 miles being suggested - would that be reasonable?

If the consensus is that things will settle after a bit, I'll refit and persevere and see how things go. If the injectors were in need of cleaning/servicing, I would have thought that idle would have been rather ropey? If I do refit, I was going to do it with low fuel in the tank, and fire an injector cleaner in as well.

Any further thoughts?

Cheers
    i would have thought that at idle they dont squirt much petrol but if they are clogged up its when you command alot more petrol that you would feel them not working properly

This user has no status
    Thanks

Any further thoughts?

Cheers
    i would only fit the blues if you had a 18t and above i was running a t35 hybrid with my blues witch james t5r will be fitting on his 850t5r next year with his blues and the car will fuel fine and should be pretty quick running 20 psi and above the turbo will run 32 psi no probs lol

Thread Information