Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Shakespeare county raceway 30-10-10

just a quikck vid of my 480 being driven by my dad, we got thrashed by alot of impreza's and a modded 240 but won 2/3 races against another 480 turbo (black) which was a surprise as the owner had had his chipped. and ours just had a £16 boost controller and a cone air filter! we upped the boost throughout the day and found that 22psi is the best pressure to run at becuase anymore causees boost spiking. but its amazing that the little engine can take this much boost without adjusting the fuel!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMedQEBCoWw[/ame]
    although oldly as soon as i put on the cone air filter (standard boost) the car still makes a flutter dump sound(you can probably hear it in the first part of the vid), sounds awsum but wot do u rekon cud have caused this and is it something i should be worried about?

cheers, tom
    Last edited by volvo-tom; Sunday 31st October 2010 at 12:41.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to volvo-tom For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Sunday 31st October 2010)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    we all turned up today should have all went yesterday, no that sound is just the wastegate noise and is perfectly normal you just cant hear it with the standard airbox on
    Last edited by T5frankie; Sunday 31st October 2010 at 18:29.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looked like you had a good day.

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i do miss my old 480, brilliant little cars. I'm not sure what turbo they use on the 480's or if they had recirc valves or not, but more than likely it has & running such a high boost level the standard valve can't let all the air escape quick enough when you back off the throttle so the noise is the air being forced past the spinning turbo blades (ie turbo chatter). Whats your best 1/4mile time?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNucK8712M[/ame]

This user has no status
    Thanks
    16.2 so its a lil quicker than last time, but the new clutch was only done a few days before so my dad reconed it probably wasnt bedded in yet. Its driving me crazy cos i wanna get it down into the 15's soo bad! at least i hav till next april to get it ready i suppose!

Thread Information