Join Today
    in dilema near ilford
    Thanks

Question trying to decide what to do

not sure i can justify any more having a car/t5 and a van and 2 motorbikes ;-/ sadly it may have to be the t5 that has to go though sadly in this climate I'll get not a lot for it even though it has lpg conversion on it, seems it's not even worth the price of the conversion . BUT if I do keep it I think I'd like to convert it to manual then i think I'd be pretty close to my perfect car what with the lpg n all. although I spent kin silly money on sorting the auto box bout 3 weeks after I bought it 3 year ago. am thinking if I do this, the best way might be to buy a donor manual car (guess there's at least some sorta benefit to these cars being not worth so much?) and then I should have ALL the bits pretty much? Pedal box/gear stick ecu? etc. etc but the question is which do I buy? I see there are several cheap cars on ebay n such but do they have the gearbox I'd want? I am guessing the M56H??? how would I tell?
    any pointers would be gratefully received. cheers gareth

Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks
    Selling the T5 = saving ca$h

Keeping it plus modifying it = spending lots of ca$h.

I think 'man maths' is required for this one
    My TWITTER username

This user has no status

Thanks
    Id get rid of the two donar vehicles you own, I mean the organ donar vehicles ! Then you will not have to sell the OVLOV.

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wegal View Post
    Id get rid of the two donar vehicles you own, I mean the organ donar vehicles ! Then you will not have to sell the OVLOV.
    managed to keep my organs for 40 years of riding so I'll stick with em a bit longer, and the London traffic warrants 2 wheels if you actually want to get anywhere somewhere near to on time

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Selling the T5 = saving ca$h

Keeping it plus modifying it = spending lots of ca$h.

I think 'man maths' is required for this one
    have to say apart from the auto box going pear shaped, and having it converted to LPG it aint been the money pit yet!!! that some seem to have and have done some 50,000 miles I'd guess

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    To be fair my T5 is only a money pit if I a - modify it or b - drive it.

It's not that much more expensive than a normal car if you just look at it, wash it and insure it

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

7. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Thursday 28th October 2010)

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    To be fair my T5 is only a money pit if I a - modify it or b - drive it.

It's not that much more expensive than a normal car if you just look at it, wash it and insure it
    lol tis true i love the drive and the LPG makes it not to savage on day to day running costs, i have no great desire for mega mods but have fitted strut brace and k and n panel filter and will likely get to HLM in the near future. But although since paying out hideous amounts of money on auto box plus new p n p switch it has not given me a scrap of trouble but think i'd prefer a manual and as it's already lpg converted seemed like a good idea ;-)

Thread Information