Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Arrow More Boos from TDi (vw engine)

Ive had my 96 855 tdi for a couple of months now,
    very happy with it, nice clean example, good on fuel etc etc.
    considering the weight she moves quite well, specially in 4th.
    however i would now like a bit more power!
    i have been reading up about a bigger turbo (dont know which one or whether its a straight swap) and bigger nossels they get upto 300bhp and 600nm or tourque (also bottom end bolts) well this is what i have read!
    i would be more than happy with 200!
    i am running simple basic mods;
    pipercross cone,
    silicone vacuum pipes through out,
    blitz dump valve,
    boost gauge

ive tried the good old MBC but i now realise what i think is the wastegate (also a vacuum operated vlave that runs between the manihfolds doesnt bleed to give any extra boost) runs of a positive presure and when bled only lowers boost!

What i would really like to know is how i can get more boost?

Also is there any tweeks i can do with the pump?

i have been searching very hard for any info including looking for info on other cars the engine is also used in, and found nothing!

any help would be a massive help

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett855tdi For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Sunday 17th October 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    you can map these cars mate so get intouch with diesel remappers .hlm do them also van akken are the diesel pros mate get the number off google mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

Brett855tdi (Sunday 17th October 2010)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Hi bud welcome to the forum, your best bet is get rid of the boat anchor, and drop a T5 in there.....lol. how are the brakes, are they still juddering?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Welcome!

Always hear good stuff about how tuneable TDI's are ... would be interesting to see a good project on how one of these can be hotted up.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

8. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    Welcome!

Always hear good stuff about how tuneable TDI's are ... would be interesting to see a good project on how one of these can be hotted up.
    i'll tell you what a mondeo diesel gave me a bit of a burn up yesterday going down the on ramp onto the m1 had to give it full throttle to get past him lol

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks for your welcome Colin
    yes they are but its become more of a random thing going to give i good look over when i do the cj joint, hoefully fine the porblem!
    Oh yea! lol i know, but im already savin for a nice T5 for my 25th lol
    i read those pikey B4ST**s had ur tank off! would have made my blood boil that!
    you should lease i gate out there fr them! (with a couple off wires running behind the shed to a catle fence module) and a cam so i can see it lol

and also thanks to smithy for the info, i didnt think there would be too much to be done with the ecu as they run a pump not multipoint!
    One problem tho remaps are a bit exspensive with my current situation (new baby and house etc etc...)
    Was hoping i could see what i could do with bits hanging around the workshop, or bit i could fabricate myself.

does anyone know about the turbo upgrade?
    maybe a turbo from another derv or maybe a petrol T5 maybe? not sure on minifold fitting, something i could MBC?

anyone else got anymore input?

thanks guys!
    Last edited by Brett855tdi; Sunday 17th October 2010 at 21:04.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett855tdi For This Useful Post:

claymore (Sunday 17th October 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just been looking at remaps and propper piggy-backs from RICA, Van Akken (now DTS)
    im looking at £300 min and to go from 140hp to 170hp and 290nm to 360nm
    doesnt do any boost ajustment, only fuel
    can i not fettle it with a screw driver to give a similar result?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    they regige the pump mate and up the boost at the same time .and the remap will make a big difference to how the car drives

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    they regige the pump mate and up the boost at the same time .and the remap will make a big difference to how the car drives
    i understand that, however i dont want to spend loads of money on the car as its just a fill in till i go 25 and get a T5
    so im just after some cheap tweeks
    also how will it raise the boost if when i bypass the EBC valve and use a MBC i dont get any gains?

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leighkaicraigmia View Post
    i'll tell you what a mondeo diesel gave me a bit of a burn up yesterday going down the on ramp onto the m1 had to give it full throttle to get past him lol
    I had exactly the same issue with a Vauxhall Insignia Cdti who tailgated me up to a roundabout (turning right onto the M-way) Today on the way back from Jackton.

I think he thought he'd left his handbrake on once we got onto the straight section of the ramp down onto the M-way

he zoomed up behind me (once he'd caught up) and shook his head as he went past - so it must have annoyed him

but then as I say.... if you're going to a knife fight, remember to not bring a wooden spoon, not sure how much that applies to the Volvo diesels.
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Monday 18th October 2010 at 00:03.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    I had exactly the same issue with a Vauxhall Insignia Cdti who tailgated me up to a roundabout (turning right onto the M-way) Today on the way back from Jackton.

I trickled down onto the slip... but I think he thought he'd left his handbrake on once we got onto the straight section of the ramp down onto the M-way

he zoomed up behind me (once he'd caught up) and shook his head as he went past - so it must have annoyed him

but then as someone said.... Never start a knife fight while holding a wooden spoon.
    Lol yer alot of these people dont realise we arnt OAP's that just wanna hang around.
    Makes them mad when we dont follow the stereotypical volvo driver thing!
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5678&dateline=1287350  651

This user has no status
    Thanks
    gain some eatra boost yesterday!
    i took out the dump valve (wasnt being helpfull)
    then took the VNT pipe and bypassed the EBC with a MBC and closed the MBC all the way!
    now i run a standard boost uniterupted (like before) and then in 4th and 5th (wish it was 2nd and 3rd also) it goes up from the standard 14psi at 3000rpm to 18 psi!
    it feels good it really knuckling down and going for it but this extra boost is for a very short time abit late throught the gears, i shal carry on fiddling
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5678&dateline=1287350  651

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post
    i have seen these, but for £80 i was hoping to really know if they do work, they do seem to have a good revue, but is that just a blagging sales pitch?

Thread Information