Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Haha, its ALIVE!

Well its finaly all sorted, big thanks to Philip(Flatout Phil)for the turbo, at a great price i might ad, just a small issue when the garage fitted it, exhaust side to down pipe was not the same as mine, so i had them switched(will post pics below)my mate at the garage thinks the tub was maybe from a later s70 T5 but we are not sure,maybe if anyone knows they can reply to that.The wastegate actuator bar was also longer, but we had a guess on that and when we fitted a tempory boost gauge it showed 9.5 psi, pleased with that.Had all new vac lines in blue, conectors,oil pipes+gaskets,o ring, new CV boot also needed.Runs great, can actualy hear it spooling up nicely.You will see in pic my tub on right, and the oil leak in centre where the clamp/collar is, the bearing was near seized,and the seal leaking, we think was killed it off was a oil leak from the oil feed pipe! At moment engine check light on, this came on when tub died, have done the battery disconect bit, no joy, have had me garage mate plug in to lates OBD2 kit, but as its a 95 he could only use from 2000 year, but it did talk to ecu and said no faults but he could not clear the light,he said maybe take it to Volvo, but maybe someone on here has the older OBD2 kit for this car and could help out.
    Anyways i may be selling soon as i was going to a while back as i moved to a small village that has two roads out of it, both a mile long up a bloody big hill, so a 4x4 looks on the cards, cant risk getting stuck not getting to work in winter,will ponder a bit longer on that.

Tony

2. The Following User Says Thank You to z32twinturbo For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Friday 15th October 2010)

"The Instigator"
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Glad you got it sorted mate.

Regarding engine check light, it will clear itself in time usually takes few hundred miles providing ECU reads the fault has been rectified.
    Arguing is pointless....she may not be right but she's never wrong

Tell her a remap is just having your satnav updated.....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70ETS View Post
    Glad you got it sorted mate.

Regarding engine check light, it will clear itself in time usually takes few hundred miles providing ECU reads the fault has been rectified.
    Spot on bud, check light went out today at 187miles after reseting trip when picked car up, seems weird its not there now Car is stonking, me well happy.

Tony

5. The Following User Says Thank You to z32twinturbo For This Useful Post:

The Flying Moose (Friday 15th October 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    happy days buddy
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

Thread Information