Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Traction control Question

My T5 p2 will still spin up with the traction on in 1st and 2nd in the dry. Being it an auto I would have thought this unlikely to happen. Nothing like the violence with the control off but still a loss of grip.
    Not a problem but wondered if the car has had a previous tinker before I got it and has a bit more power than standard.
    Anyone else get the same effect ?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not unusual even for a standard car, mines mapped and can spin them in 3rd in the dry.... and its an auto.

Your tyres will make a huge difference, if your running pirelli or michelins or any of the main brands they are crap.. get some vredstiens or toyo's and you will have much more grip

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wegal For This Useful Post:

SKIDMARKS (Sunday 3rd October 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I got spin in 2nd on a Standard S40 T5 in the dry... on P6000, and in the wet in 3rd and 4th gear.

Now, I can use full power in 1st in the dry, and full in 2nd in the wet (pretty much) and it's all good on wider profile Conti Contact 3's

Strut brace, polyflex engine mounts and tyres will affect traction - sort them out and you'll have a lot of extra traction.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

5. The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

SKIDMARKS (Monday 4th October 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ain't sure what tires are on it, they were newly fitted when I purchased the car earlier in the year.

Hang on...just been out and had a look at the make.

Don't larf........ SUNEW

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARKS View Post
    Ain't sure what tires are on it, they were newly fitted when I purchased the car earlier in the year.

Hang on...just been out and had a look at the make.

Don't larf........ SUNEW
    that may be your issue get conti contact 3's - you'll be blown away by the difference.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You running STC or DSTC? Can't comment on the latter but my STC is crap, fussy and in-effective is the way I'd describe it - seems too easily overcome from a standstill and gets all paranoid about stopping the inside wheel spinning on a corner where there's no need. lol
    Princepugh

V70 T5 P2

This user has no status

Thanks
    Had a look for these conti 3's and found them for £ 88.55 each + £9 del for 2 on
    Rotation Uk, can't put a set on yet as there is too much meat on the old ones.
    I have a set of 4 wheels for refurb already so will do this as a job lot after the heavy snow this winter

Thread Information